Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels like asmus is pissing in our faces and some are willing to bath in it. lol While I refrained from canceling it seems inevitable at this point.

Top list of items in this dumpster fire of a figure:

1. Hairless Henrietta
2. Wrong Name On Box & Stand
3. Horrible Seamless Arms
4. Missing Body Cuts
5. Miss Matched Hand Color
6. Pants Don't Fit Properly
7. Shotgun Holster On Wrong Side

Am I missing anything here?
8. Possessed hand is virtually unpainted (no rotted flesh, bones painted red)
9. Wrong hair colour on Deadite Linda (should be much darker)
10. Wrong paint apps on chainsaw (top should be red not silver)
11. Wrong blade on chainsaw (bar should be longer, straight, and no hole in end)
12. Torn shirt isn't torn at all (looks like they handed scissors to a 5 year old)

View attachment 556141
I dont even know how to start... The wrong name, the paintjob,all the non movie acurate parts, the horrible arms, the tailoring... This looks like a 3 party unlicensed figure rather than a luxury official product.
say whatever you want, looks cheap and rushed.
Hey!
Don't you dare say that!!
3rd party unlicensed figure is better than this! Have you seen the recent SoosooToys Gambit?
It's bloody awesome.

Hey!
Don't you dare say that!!
3rd party unlicensed figure is better than this! Have you seen the recent SoosooToys Gambit?
It's bloody awesome.
Totally agree, but you know what i mean, this is more a 3 party 200 dollar figure than a luxury official 350 one.... I fact im more than sure than soso or any other 3 party can make a better version of ash than this

1642274475942.png

1642274517125.png

From FB

Attachments

• 1642274490051.png
    1642274490051.png
    757.6 KB · Views: 34
8. Possessed hand is virtually unpainted (no rotted flesh, bones painted red)
9. Wrong hair colour on Deadite Linda (should be much darker)
10. Wrong paint apps on chainsaw (top should be red not silver)
11. Wrong blade on chainsaw (bar should be longer, straight, and no hole in end)
12. Torn shirt isn't torn at all (looks like they handed scissors to a 5 year old)

Maybe they should have just made it a model kit. 🤣

View attachment 556141
I dont even know how to start... The wrong name, the paintjob,all the non movie acurate parts, the horrible arms, the tailoring... This looks like a 3 party unlicensed figure rather than a luxury official product.
say whatever you want, looks cheap and rushed.
3rd party figures take more pride in their work than this....Most of the 3rd party figures lately have been fantastic...

There is a mis-spell on the name plate and colored box, the file was mis-spelled by the designer, and we did picked it up.
Name on the side of the color box is correct, so it is just a silly spelling check mistake. No excuse

The other problem is the Herineta bust missing hair, and it appears to be a few random copies, we are examining all the Luxury Copies before shipping out.

Other than these two issues, the overall quality seems to be good to us. The paint job, the whethering and body tightness are all ok.
So you guys are OK with the figure missing the three cut marks on the body and nipples unpainted?

The pants being too small for the waist causing the velcro to show.

The hands painted the wrong color from the body.

The seemless arms looking the way they do when bent.

This all passes your QC? On top of the missed hair in Henrietta. And the spelling error on the box and base.

This is all "quality" to you?
FB_IMG_1642276756791.jpg

FB_IMG_1642276390124.jpg
pants.jpg

What in the world is happening with that seamless arm?! I have Asmus' Devil May Cry figure of V (my only 1/6 from Asmus) and his seamless arms are excellent. This looks like a combination of being rushed to release this as well as not caring about the license at all.

In regards to 3rd party figures, my first ever poseable figure (other than V) was VTS Ghost of Tsushima figure and it is utterly incredible. Looks better than a lot of my high priced statues and the quality of the materials is amazing. There is no excuse for this licensed Ash looking so bad and so cheap.

I wonder if it was one of those things where they ran into so many problems turning the prototype in to a production piece that they pretty much just had to alter the entire design and after everything was made nothing went together properly because it was basically a Frankenstein's monster

Man that diorama base looks so cheap and toyish in that review, with that thick layer of lacquer they covered it with. Even if you toss Henrietta and leave the trap door closed, it would still make for a pretty cheesy looking base.

Well, found this thread late, I paid but no shipping notice yet. So hopefully they will at least send me one with the hair. Otherwise, I'm viewing this as a partially assembled and painted kit and I'll need to put some work in to rescue it.

I think with so many legit issues the whole set is now under a microscope and people are now looking for things to add to the pile of issues. Whether they are warranted or not.
Which issues do you feel are unwarranted? I’m yet to see any that aren’t legit complaints….

Back