Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole prospect of getting next gen consoles have been minimal for me and even becoming less so. So I don't mind a DLC for the PS4 version as well. I'm trying to see if I can add some mass to my Asmus Dante by using eva paddinds. I'm just having a hard time getting the shirt sleeves to show out of the coat when the coat is on. It gets bunched up and stuck on the upper arms.
So I found out DMC5 SE will come out for PS4 and XB1. New content will be added like, 5 story missions for Vergil, new outfits for Lady and Trish, Bikinis apparently ;-) and DMC4 outfits for Nero and Dante which is awesome! V will have new moves added and can be played in all chapters. New secret ending is also added and if you own the game already digital you can upgrade for $25 and move your saved progress into the SE. I'm actually very happy this isn't a PS5 exclusive now I don't feel to bad not getting it at least for now.

So I found out DMC5 SE will come out for PS4 and XB1. New content will be added like, 5 story missions for Vergil, new outfits for Lady and Trish, Bikinis apparently ;-) and DMC4 outfits for Nero and Dante which is awesome! V will have new moves added and can be played in all chapters. New secret ending is also added and if you own the game already digital you can upgrade for $25 and move your saved progress into the SE. I'm actually very happy this isn't a PS5 exclusive now I don't feel to bad not getting it at least for now.

What if you own the game on Disc? do you buy all that in a DLC pack or do you have to buy the full DMC5 SE edition?

Asmus are making DMC5 Vergil :D

119893826_10157278021916968_8513971287589554644_o.jpg

This has been a good week to be a DMC fan, haha!

I'd love to believe this but I'm wondering where you saw this? They've posted a few FAQ tweets and also on their website specifically saying PS4/Xbox One/PC are getting Vergil DLC only, while LDK & Turbo mode and all the other SE features are just for PS5/XSX.

That's better. Lol! I wonder what other secret ending will that be. I'm surprised they're not adding more devil breakers for Nero. Either way, I'm glad about the availability and the ability to move the saved progress for PS4.

As for Asmus's Vergil announcement, my excitement is tempered on this one especially as I'm not that pleased with their DMC5 Dante. This will probably be out late next year so maybe I would have lost interest then unless they make Sin DT for both with the properly scaled swords that aren't heavy for the figure.

As for Asmus's Vergil announcement, my excitement is tempered on this one especially as I'm not that pleased with their DMC5 Dante. This will probably be out late next year so maybe I would have lost interest then unless they make Sin DT for both with the properly scaled swords that aren't heavy for the figure.

Same here, I've never been a fan of Asmus, and their Nero & especially Dante, while better than their previous attempts on DMC, don't quite do it for me. I don't know, something about the proportions, the sculpts that aren't that great... I don't know exactly what it is, but it doesn't cut it for me. Shame because I love the character designs. I hope Limtoys gets their shot at this licence, they would kill it for sure.

I just discovered about the 1000 Toys Dante & Nero, does anybody have those? The headsculpts look terrible and I absolutely don't understand why the bodies are in plastic, but the coats look amazing & there are a lot of accessories. It's just way too pricey. I'd just like to see HD pics of those two figures if anyone could send them to me. And did anybody try to make a fully clothed custom? Could look nice and I believe it could be quite easy to make for Dante.

I'd love to believe this but I'm wondering where you saw this? They've posted a few FAQ tweets and also on their website specifically saying PS4/Xbox One/PC are getting Vergil DLC only, while LDK & Turbo mode and all the other SE features are just for PS5/XSX.
It was leaked info before the game was announced so this may or not be true. Though it does look like in trailer there is a new ending we would have to see once it drops if anything I've mentioned is accurate.

Same here, I've never been a fan of Asmus, and their Nero & especially Dante, while better than their previous attempts on DMC, don't quite do it for me. I don't know, something about the proportions, the sculpts that aren't that great... I don't know exactly what it is, but it doesn't cut it for me. Shame because I love the character designs. I hope Limtoys gets their shot at this licence, they would kill it for sure.

I just discovered about the 1000 Toys Dante & Nero, does anybody have those? The headsculpts look terrible and I absolutely don't understand why the bodies are in plastic, but the coats look amazing & there are a lot of accessories. It's just way too pricey. I'd just like to see HD pics of those two figures if anyone could send them to me. And did anybody try to make a fully clothed custom? Could look nice and I believe it could be quite easy to make for Dante.

1000 Toys are very fun to play with and very poseable. The likeness of the faces aren't that great but not bad either. The coats are on baggy side but it's to allow all those poses. Think of it as Mafex or Marvel Legenda type as it is 1/12 scale. I actually enjoy both figures a lot. Sentinel's offerings are overpriced IMO but you get a lot of fun out them.

Here are some 1000 toys DMC5 and Asmus Dante.

IMG_20200226_095925.jpg
IMG_20200226_100954.jpg
IMG_20200227_014935.jpg
IMG_20200225_011720.jpg
IMG_20200225_012624.jpgIMG_20200225_003555.jpg

IMG_20200918_171200.jpg
IMG_20200918_172754.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200226_100831.jpg
    IMG_20200226_100831.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 147
Ooooookay! Some tutorial time. I went ahead and continued working on the Rebellion to fix the magnet. I took the suggestion of using a blow dryer to help pry the sword apart. It worked but took some effort and time on my part as I'm not used to doing such things.

Anyway, this is what it looks like when the opened mouth skull is separated. I had to carefully run a box cutter through the seams and heating it up with the blow dryer every now and then. Be careful as you don't want to break what's supposed to be the crossguard.

IMG_20200918_233921.jpg

The opposite side of the opened mouth skull has the magnet. I flipped the magnet over but there's too much plastic between it and Dante's back that it still won't hold.

IMG_20200918_234018.jpg

What I did next was remove the other side of Rebellion (closed mouth skull). In the process, I broke 2 pegs on the spine as seen by the red circles. I did heat it up with the blow dryer before prying it apart but I guess I should have heated that area thoroughly as well.

IMG_20200918_234247.jpg

Since I have some small magnets lying around, I inserted it inside the hollow space on the closed mouth side. Just double check you have the correct polarity facing Dante.

IMG_20200918_234314.jpg

The good thing about having magnets on both sides of Rebellion is that it holds the pieces together without having to glue it. There are pegs and molded spaces that keep everything in place as well. The Rebellion now attaches better. It might change positions when you move Dante but the sword will stay attached. So there you have it, a fix for the Rebellion.

IMG_20200918_234424.jpg
IMG_20200918_234523.jpg

As I said earlier, I'm not good with these mods or fixes so I ended nicking my palm with the box cutter. It's small but sort of went deep. So be careful if you're not used to doing such things. I'll send Asmus a bill for this. Lol!

IMG_20200918_234632.jpg

Ooooookay! Some tutorial time. I went ahead and continued working on the Rebellion to fix the magnet. I took the suggestion of using a blow dryer to help pry the sword apart. It worked but took some effort and time on my part as I'm not used to doing such things.

Anyway, this is what it looks like when the opened mouth skull is separated. I had to carefully run a box cutter through the seams and heating it up with the blow dryer every now and then. Be careful as you don't want to break what's supposed to be the crossguard.

View attachment 495606

The opposite side of the opened mouth skull has the magnet. I flipped the magnet over but there's too much plastic between it and Dante's back that it still won't hold.

View attachment 495608

What I did next was remove the other side of Rebellion (closed mouth skull). In the process, I broke 2 pegs on the spine as seen by the red circles. I did heat it up with the blow dryer before prying it apart but I guess I should have heated that area thoroughly as well.

View attachment 495609

Since I have some small magnets lying around, I inserted it inside the hollow space on the closed mouth side. Just double check you have the correct polarity facing Dante.

View attachment 495610

The good thing about having magnets on both sides of Rebellion is that it holds the pieces together without having to glue it. There are pegs and molded spaces that keep everything in place as well. The Rebellion now attaches better. It might change positions when you move Dante but the sword will stay attached. So there you have it, a fix for the Rebellion.

View attachment 495611
View attachment 495612

As I said earlier, I'm not good with these mods or fixes so I ended nicking my palm with the box cutter. It's small but sort of went deep. So be careful if you're not used to doing such things. I'll send Asmus a bill for this. Lol!

View attachment 495613
Nicely done. I'm thinking of doing the same only want to find an alternative that doesn't involve opening rebellion. If that doesn't work I'll do what you did. It might also be good to place a magnet on the jacket or inside we'll see a few people have been able to fix the magnet issue so it's good to get word from them.

Nicely done. I'm thinking of doing the same only want to find an alternative that doesn't involve opening rebellion. If that doesn't work I'll do what you did. It might also be good to place a magnet on the jacket or inside we'll see a few people have been able to fix the magnet issue so it's good to get word from them.

Thanks. The jacket has a magnet inside already. The problem is the magnet inside Rebellion. It's on the wrong side and has the wrong polarity facing Dante. It's a design issue on Asmus's part. The magnet should be on the closed mouth side with the right polarity facing Dante.

Thanks. The jacket has a magnet inside already. The problem is the magnet inside Rebellion. It's on the wrong side and has the wrong polarity facing Dante. It's a design issue on Asmus's part. The magnet should be on the closed mouth side with the right polarity facing Dante.
Ah seems I might have to open it then I'll do what you did then. Only I'll try to be super careful when trying to open it, I actually will be gluing mine back up as I don't like the idea that it will separate even if the magnets hold it together.

Also found a way to make the wrist on Dante stronger so he can at least hold DSD a bit better. If you own Nero use his spare wrist pegs as you get two with him. His are a little thicker and you will be able to switch it into the arms. Just keep in mind they will widen the holes on the hands and will be loser on the original pegs. But he will hold DSD a lot better so much you can do a decent stinger pose.

Also found a way to make the wrist on Dante stronger so he can at least hold DSD a bit better. If you own Nero use his spare wrist pegs as you get two with him. His are a little thicker and you will be able to switch it into the arms. Just keep in mind they will widen the holes on the hands and will be loser on the original pegs. But he will hold DSD a lot better so much you can do a decent stinger pose.

Don't have Nero. Lol! Why are these pegs so thin anyway?

Don't have Nero. Lol! Why are these pegs so thin anyway?
Asmus doing. When they made the new body the forearms are to skinny compared how Dante's is supposed to look really wish they where a bit wider with bigger pegs so the arms can hold the swords or they should have made the devil swords lighter.

Thanks so much for the tutorial Bleah :D! Just paid the customs fees for mine, so hopefully should have him next week. If I have the magnet problem too, I'd feel more confident trying to jimmy the sword open rather than the jacket. I'd definitely mess up the jacket D:

Thanks so much for the tutorial Bleah :D! Just paid the customs fees for mine, so hopefully should have him next week. If I have the magnet problem too, I'd feel more confident trying to jimmy the sword open rather than the jacket. I'd definitely mess up the jacket D:

You're welcome :)

Not to be negative but chances are, you will. Like I said, the issue is the internal design of Rebellion. I mean you could flip the magnet inside the jacket but it won't help secure the Rebellion on Dante's back because the connection will still be weak unless you replace it with a much more powerful one that's as small and lightweight. :/

Back