Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn are they getting 0 cancelled orders? Been hoping the EX would come in stock during release.

I asked them on twitter if they'd get more of the Luxury because I was bummed out on missing King Cerberus and they said Sept-Oct~ they'll list some more (they didn't specify how many or a more precise period of time).

JSX-03 would be my choice if i have the doll. Articulation isn't really that important unless you are planning for real dynamic pose or play with it. The original body looks malnutritioned.

vmt59Gk.jpg

hq80L37.jpg

xqCmJTA.jpg

WW34G90.jpg

All right, I've got another body.(JXtoys JX-S03)
It's a plastic body that I used to use for DMC3 dante before and put it on hold.

Thanks to this, it's less operational,
but I'm sure this ratio is better.

looks great! is that JX-S03 boby have off color with dante's face? The neck look a little unnatural. Maybe can press down more a bit.

looks great! is that JX-S03 boby have off color with dante's face? The neck look a little unnatural. Maybe can press down more a bit.

The color of the body is slightly darker than Dante's face.
It's not a big problem because you have to look very closely to see it.

In the case of the neck, the size of the neck pin and head hole does not match,
so it may look awkward because it is fixed with a blu tack. lol

2Vr5NC8.jpg

NtsgcNM.jpg

Sj93Aek.jpg

eIukDkU.jpg

All right, now it's really over with Dante.

I didn't know that I would even paint a bandage on both arms,
but fortunately, I feel rewarded. :)

2Vr5NC8.jpg

NtsgcNM.jpg

Sj93Aek.jpg

eIukDkU.jpg

All right, now it's really over with Dante.

I didn't know that I would even paint a bandage on both arms,
but fortunately, I feel rewarded. :)
Would have been cool if you added real fabric or that matt tape and painted gray.

****ing undersized swords! The more I'm handling this, the more the shortcomings become apparent. I'm not even gonna pay mind to V at this point.
IMG_20200910_145040.jpg
ed07e9d3b8355e1973ff6a86fe537f81.jpg

The size isn't on point but it certainly is better then Nero. Plus it's not like V comes with anything important besides the cane. Lol

Maybe the cane will be undersized as well. Lol! V's headsculpt is lacking and body proportions are off. Asmus nailed Dante's likeness which is a big plus but the rest are under cooked. Body is ok in hand but definitely too thin, DSD and Sparda are undersized and too heavy to get more use of, Rebellion's magnet is weak and polarity is not correct (tried opening it but it's really glued shut and might as well give up unless there's a trick to get it separated). I haven't even tried using Balrog.

Nero I passed on because it wasn't up to par but Dante is the main attraction. People have high expectations it would be done right and better. But as it is, I feel Asmus botched it. So I'm not as hopeful for V to the point I'm leaning towards to passing on it. I want to support them and hope for a complete lineup or at least Vergil and DT 1/6 figures but now I'm hesitant.

Maybe the cane will be undersized as well. Lol! V's headsculpt is lacking and body proportions are off. Asmus nailed Dante's likeness which is a big plus but the rest are under cooked. Body is ok in hand but definitely too thin, DSD and Sparda are undersized and too heavy to get more use of, Rebellion's magnet is weak and polarity is not correct (tried opening it but it's really glued shut and might as well give up unless there's a trick to get it separated). I haven't even tried using Balrog.

Nero I passed on because it wasn't up to par but Dante is the main attraction. People have high expectations it would be done right and better. But as it is, I feel Asmus botched it. So I'm not as hopeful for V to the point I'm leaning towards to passing on it. I want to support them and hope for a complete lineup or at least Vergil and DT 1/6 figures but now I'm hesitant.
I have yet to get mine but trust me I know it probably sucks. I'd contact Asmus and tell them the issue with Rebellion and the magnet. DSD isn't to bad but I do think if it was hollow rather then a full sculpt it be better for posing DSS should have been larger but I also imagine that would remain a solid piece and be to heavy for the body. I do think the issue with the body from images are the arms mainly the forearms should have been done better with stronger wrist joints. Did you try heating up the rib cage of rebellion and opening it up otherwise just leave it. Better for Asmus to fix the problems for people or they lose support.

Thanks tryvor7 for the pics of Dante with the JX-S03 body! Looks so much better. Better get myself one...

Would have been cool if you added real fabric or that matt tape and painted gray.

It's not that I haven't thought about it either, but I just painted it because of the thickness issue.
In addition, it was easier to pick up the surfacer next to it than to find suitable material around it. lol

Yes, that's probably the problem consumers are all aware of course.
There will be people who are okay with this problem, and there will be people who are angry.
It's all understandable.

Surely this Dante is better than Nero, but that doesn't mean perfection.
It would be convenient if we could be satisfied with such a relative part, but we've seen too many of Asmus' deficiencies,
and we can't help but be divided in attitudes toward that part.

No wonder there are people who say,
"Wow, they're much better!" and "Why can't they make it perfect?"

If you think their goods are worthless, you can show them by action.

Thanks tryvor7 for the pics of Dante with the JX-S03 body! Looks so much better. Better get myself one...

Yup. You deserve this controversial piece of work! XD

Asmus disappointed me again, luckily i didnt preorder this time (like dmc3 dante and dmc4 dante), its on a Hot Toys price level but with a Threezero quality. I wish Hot Toys had the licencing.....

Back