Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say I feel bad for you and the company as a whole. Maybe the likeness isn't 100% but I don't think you or the company deserve the venom that is being posted. It's especially bad on FB.

Yeah, it was quite wild,
some guy even dig out the old shouting Aragorn head we never use, and mocked on us as a whole.

Yo guys,
I see the disappointed flooding in.

Before we do something about it, just want to be sure this is the EXACT same sculpt we showed before.

so we will have someone revisit the painting application, its no a poor paint job,
is just how to get Boromir out of it.

Wow. I was unaware of the negativity. I think he looks really great. especially the sculpted hair portrait. :dunno

But then I remember the hobby and that kind of negativity is a given no matter what.

It's a damn shame. Pretty sure that more than 1 are members here. I was going to try and post some arguments to some of what they are posting but figured it was pointless.

Thank you,
only come back is we make it right again,
and we will do.

Its a good sculpt, and I think we did well overall in clothing and accessories.
so the only come back is to make something to shout the noise.

That's why when I see Asmus post a new figure on FB I come over here to check it out.

I will admit that I'm not crazy about this head sculpt/paint application/photography/something. If it's the exact same as the head sculpt, I'm not quite sure why it's not coming through. I wish I could be more help in that department, but there are people far better versed in this hobby than I am. The proto sculpt is fantastic, so I'm sure Asmus will sort this out. That being said, I always appreciate how open they are with us and how they have proven time and time again to be open to feedback.

Thank you,
only come back is we make it right again,
and we will do.

Its a good sculpt, and I think we did well overall in clothing and accessories.
so the only come back is to make something to shout the noise.

The costume and accessories look fantastic! Does the regular cape have the clasps that are present in this photo?
boromir-eddard-stark-colonel-sharpe.jpg

I dig the sculpt. I agree that it's the paint that's taking away from the likeness. Beard might not be painted thick enough from what I see. But otherwise great sculpt and figure all the way around!

Asmus, does the sculpt have ears? Boromir tends to have some of his hair behind his ears during a lot of the film which would definitely come in handy with the rooted hair sculpt.

lord_of_the_rings_boromir.jpg

Boromir%25203.jpg

Boromir-lord-of-the-rings-14781007-800-521.jpg

Sorry to triple post, but I think I can see a couple things I would like to see changed, if possible of course. It looks that his forehead is just a little too long. I think that both sculpts could use it, but it's particularly true of the sculpted hair portrait. Also, I think that he could use slightly thicker facial hair.

Is that just me?

Sorry to triple post, but I think I can see a couple things I would like to see changed, if possible of course. It looks that his forehead is just a little too long. I think that both sculpts could use it, but it's particularly true of the sculpted hair portrait. Also, I think that he could use slightly thicker facial hair.

Is that just me?

Someone on FB posted a photoshopped picture of one of the pics with the forehead shortened. 2 other people commented on how much of an improvement it was. I thought it looked like ****.

Like some others who have posted, I'd be interested in getting both the sculpted and rooted head sculpts too. Is there any way to have one or the other head sculpt (or both) made available for sale separately?

Someone on FB posted a photoshopped picture of one of the pics with the forehead shortened. 2 other people commented on how much of an improvement it was. I thought it looked like ****.

I just waded through the crap. Are you talking about this photo?

4gondor.jpeg

I think Asmus has proven countless times how willing they are to revisit and improve upon a previous or even current release. There customer interaction has no equal in my opinion--not from Hot Toys or even Threezero--and I hate to hear this kind of negative reaction over Boromir given Asmus' track record of trying to give fans/customers what they want (and I have to believe they take some financial hit when revisiting some of these characters).
No, Bean's likeness isn't perfect but with all of my LOTR purchases, in-hand quality is much different than initial photo releases.

Regardless of the response, I have my rooted hair Boromir on order and I will continue to support Asmus' venture in Middle Earth!

Asmus, will it be possible to order the heads separately? Some of us would like to get the figure with both a rooted and sculpted head.

Last edited:
I think the lowered hairline does look better, but I'm not sure it is actually more accurate. Where the hair piece joins the face always seems to be an issue. The hair sits a little above the head in an unnatural way. I think futzing can always help, but maybe an allowance should be made for that from the get go. If you can't get a smooth transition, lower the hairline. I ordered the rooted hair because I know I can always mess with it.

Also think the additional facial hair helps the likeness.

I too was would like to get both rooted and sculpted hair. Was hoping to see that in the items list for the rooted hair option.

When I slide a few feet back from my computer and look at the original and the photoshop, the photoshop looks more like Boromir to me. It still needs some tweaking up close, but I have to say that it is an improvement.

Back