Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. Considering picking this one up, but there is a chance to pick up the older rooted on instead for not much more.
Besides split boots and "improved" likeness, are there any other differences wrt the older one?
Also, has anyone made a side-to-side comparison?

I'm so desperate to have a 1/6 Boromir and Faramir for my collection but neither of the Asmus figs so far have inspired me to part with cash. Still not convinced but very interested to see how this new Boromir looks in hand once he starts arriving with everyone!

Hi everyone. Considering picking this one up, but there is a chance to pick up the older rooted on instead for not much more.
Besides split boots and "improved" likeness, are there any other differences wrt the older one?
Also, has anyone made a side-to-side comparison?
I owned the 1.0 rooted Boromir and I am glad I sold it a year ago. In hand the head sculpt was bad compared to today's standards.

Last edited:
Well, just preordered from Sugo. Boromir is a must have for me. My hopes are that he will look better in hand to me along the lines of HD Legolas.
Not sure if it’s been stated here but the product description on the Sugo site mentions the Elven cloak which would be my preferred display option.

Anyone getting tracking notices for Boromir? I received a tracking notice from @Asmus but I'm not sure whether it's for Boromir or Gollum/Smeagol (especially since I can't access my old Asmus account info).

Anyone getting tracking notices for Boromir? I received a tracking notice from @Asmus but I'm not sure whether it's for Boromir or Gollum/Smeagol (especially since I can't access my old Asmus account info).
Does it have an order refernece number that you can search in your inbox to find out- if you keep order confirmation emails?

Photos first. Thoughts second.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
My thoughts.....

1) I like that he was boxed in that spongey foam stuff.
2) The sculpt is good but it improves when you put the hood up. So hair sculpt may be the problem there.
3) The head suffers from similar articulation problems as the HT Bad Batch Hunter; that is to say that the hair hinders it significantly.
4) Paint apps on the head are top notch.
5) The clothes are definitely a step up from my Sideshow Boromir (14 years later, go figure). The chainmail undershirt is nice and shiny.
6) I like that the sword and dagger are made out of metal but I may like the Sideshow shield more because it looks like it was made by hand ot of real wood while the Asmus one is too smooth, though the leather strap on Asmus' is beautifully detailed and definitely superior.
7) I wish the Horn of Gondor was on a longer cord. It sits a bit too high. I like that the Sideshow horn sits lower.
8) The winter cloak is peak AWESOME. Very cool.

So yeah, I finally found a worthy successor to my Sideshow Boromir. :hi5:

Last edited:
Back