Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more pic and I am done. Need to repose but I am too tired. :rip

71ECD3D6-F0CD-4CDD-8BC1-AE6402809CC5.jpeg

Last edited:
Such a huge disappointment to me 😔 How can 2.0 Boromir chainmail be a downgrade from 1.0?

Unfortunately, from now on I will be very selective about what Asmus figures I buy, anything that is not as good as recent GtW, Bilbo, or even better I will pass on. I can no longer tolerate subpar head sculpts, plastic-looking armor, cloth cut with scissors (2.0 Nazgul), weak body, etc.

1000001134.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001133.jpg
    1000001133.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Damn that's a shame. Surely the fabric they used for HD Aragorn would have been better? At least it looks like chainmail rather than fish scales.

@Asmus can you please shed some light on what happened with the chainmail? I thought everything was supposed to be the same except for the sculpt and boots on this figure?

Inexcusable. We were told the costume would match the 1.0 and it obviously doesn't. First the lack of elven cloak and now this.

I think I'll just skip this entirely and see if we end up with an InArt version.

Mine came with the elven cloak. :dunno

Attachments

• 51C6D2B9-44A9-43EC-ABAA-433E1A27AA57.jpeg
    51C6D2B9-44A9-43EC-ABAA-433E1A27AA57.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
@Asmus can you please shed some light on what happened with the chainmail? I thought everything was supposed to be the same except for the sculpt and boots on this figure?
I guess Asmus cut corners where they can. I was overlooking many things because I love LOTR/Hobbit so much but this is the last straw.

Many companies like pop toys, coomodel, iqomodel and others are using real chainmails or making entire armors out of metal, alloy or copper and then we see things like this..

Last edited:
I guess Asmus cut corners where they can. I was overlooking many things because I love LOTR/Hobbit so much but this is the last straw.

Many companies like pop toys, coomodel, iqomodel and others are using real chainmails or making entire armors out of metal, alloy or copper and then we see things like this..

Its bizarre given they're still making diecast weapons and armor for their figures. It also looks they switched based on the stock images on their website which clearly show proper chainmail and not that weird fish scale.

1674118800970.png

Last edited:
Its bizarre given they're still making diecast weapons and armor for their figures. It also looks they switched based on the stock images on their website which clearly show proper chainmail and not that weird fish scale.

View attachment 619006
@Asmus Can you please explain this false advertisement? On the website and also on Facebook you show proper chainmail on the Boromir 2.0 but the reality is different.

That's definitely a shame about the chainmail. It's really hard to believe. You think/hope Asmus would be on a new level after the amazing looking GtW figure. And then you see this. I usually tend to try to be supportive of them, but they're making it increasingly difficult.
:exactly: This. I try and be supportive of them too, but this isn’t a good look for them at all.

So there are no preorders anymore because the photos on their website are the final product so people don't complain, what you see is what you get. However the photos show a different chainmail than what you receive. Can we go back to the preorder system then?

Back