Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with the above comment. Once aragorn has arrived i may be tempted to de-cone his head also. What a shame asmus never listened.
However on a happy note, Pippin is fantastic, Saruman looks very good also. But still to get fully used to a swarthy Merry, especially as all the hobbits are very pale in the movies.

Any news on the progress of this or has the project been cancelled?
Would love to see something like magnetic arrows as accessories to recreate the battle of Amon Hen, along with some Uruk Hai figures and a Lutz too in the future?

Any news on the progress of this or has the project been cancelled?
Would love to see something like magnetic arrows as accessories to recreate the battle of Amon Hen, along with some Uruk Hai figures and a Lutz too in the future?
Magnetic arrows sound like an awesome idea.

When I spoke to the Asmus reps at NYCC, they said Boromir was still in the planning phase. They said Gimli and Thorin were coming first, but from the looks of it, Legolas might be closer to release than any of them.

Just posted on FB. Yes, I know not much, but it's a start. IMG_0192.JPG

Lol. Not really a big deal anymore but a bunch of us were really excited about the chance of getting the cloak back in the day and if my memory serves at the time the cloak hid did make turned out really well which made it even sadder when it all fell threw.

Rooted hair, too, please. I'm in the Barbie camp. I think Saruman and Thranduil are awesome. Mourning moldy Legolas . . . Molded Boromir would mean more mourning.

No rooted hair please!!!!! Just my own personal opinion which is based on my own preference and how they have made the rest of the fellowship. Aragon, Legolas and the hobbits do not have rooted hair. Granted Gandalf is a mix between the two styles but I feel if they went rooted for Boromir he just would not fit with the rest.

I'm really hoping for sculpted hair for Boromir ... AS LONG AS THE HAIR SCULPT IS GOOD. Asmus' Aragorn has a great facial likeness that is really hampered by a bad hair sculpt. The problem isn't that sculpted hair doesn't work for Aragorn, it's that the hair sculpt is pretty bad. A better sculpted hair piece and that figure would be outstanding. (Yes, rooted hair works for Aragorn, too, and I've seen some terrific customs, but a new hair sculpt would do WONDERS for Aragorn.)

Here's hoping we can avoid that potential pitfall with Boromir. I shall keep all of my crossables firmly crossed!

I have to chime in for rooted/real hair. All of my Tolkien figures that have heads have rooted hair.

It really hurts me to do it but I have to pass on Legolas and I will most likely pass on Boromir as well if they go sculpt... I already have a Sean Bean on my shelf with Hair Helmet syndrome ala Ned Stark.

Thranduil looks awesome with real hair. Saruman looks awesome with real hair. Gandalf's hair is not his problem, its his solid beard and a bit too old looking for the Fellowship but like the hair. I know a lot of people complain about Tauriel (many of whom do not even own her) but I think that was the perfect compromise between articulation for an Elven Archer and still retaining the tight weave on top. I had to go with ACI Aragorn and he looks great on the shelf next to Eowyn with their real hair.

I could not buy the Hobbits - not good enough. Legolas looks better but I cannot accept his sculpted hair sitting on his shoulders like that.

My Fellowship is broken. Hoping they do wonders with Gimli (like I for one don't really need the helmet to be removable on him so give a beard/braid that comes from under it that is real). I dont think "rooted" even has to be a thing anymore... look how awesome Grishnak's slicked back hair is. Customizers have a different process of applying hair and frankly, these figures have rapidly climbed to a price point where I am expecting better... Thranduil and Grishnak were high points after the already impressive Saruman and things seem to have slid back several notches.

If Asmus' latest release (John Ruth hateful 8) is any indication they've stepped their game up even further! So looking forward to Lego and boro

I'm honestly torn between rooted and sculpted hair. It really depends on the "style" and application.

My main concern with rooted hair is that unless it's straight like Saruman's or scraggly, like Gandalf's beard, it's difficult to keep under control. The two extremes work well. It's the middle ground that concerns me. I understand that we all keep them on display, barely touching them, but the risk is definitely inherently there.

As for molded hair, it can capture complicated styles better and safer than rooted hair. I don't know how rooted hair on Boromir would look but I'm leaning towards sculpted for sure.

Back