Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I got tracking for Boromir, but have never received tracking for Merry/Pippen (and haven't received them yet either).

My Boromir was delivered today. Always a little nervous when I pre-order on eBay a few months out, but the Hong Kong seller came through. Anyway, love the figure. The head sculpt is not as good as Legolas, but the outfit and accessories rock. Always wanted the Gondor cape for my Sideshow Boromir, but that figure is about to be retired or sold. Looking forward to the slim Frodo & Sam I have on order. and hoping Gimli goes up for pre-order before the year is out!

IMG_1383.jpgIMG_1385.jpgIMG_1384.jpgIMG_1386.jpgIMG_1387.jpg

Nice! He looks stunning and the Gondorian cloak looks top notch. Asmus really went to town on this. My only gripe with it is the goatee is probably a bit thick/long as he has more stubble than beard in the movie. Guess we can chalk it up to a week's growth between shaving ;)

Well hell, some how I missed my processing soon email (10 business days) from BBTS. Got it 2 days ago. So next week I should have my rooted hair version.

Damn...just Gimli now. Never thought I'd have the full Fellowship on my shelf!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just paid off my payment plan on Boromir as an early Christmas present to myself. Hope he makes the journey from Minas Tirith this week though so I can play with it all Christmas day! Hah!

I paid for my Boromir with the sculpted head several days ago and he still hasn't shipped, so hopefully I'll get a tacking number soon. I wonder if they will still make the heads avaiable individually or at least the rooted haired head. I would like to see both and I believe earlier they said they would at some point in the future.

Mine was released from customs 5 days ago but hasn't moved at all from the postal facility [emoji19]. Very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Anyone in Australia receive theirs? I got the tracking notice that it had shipped out from Taiwan on Dec 11th, and I've still not received it here in South Australia.......

My Boromir has also been stuck in customs since the 15th. Daenerys shipped two days later but got here yesterday.

Mine arrived from Planet Action Figures today. Man, I'm in love with it! Here's a couple of quick photos I've taken in work. Hair is off so will need restyling but I can live with that.
20171221_134401.jpg
20171221_134440.jpg20171221_134543.jpg

P.S. not sure why the photos are the wrong way around...

Watching Fellowship as I unbox and play around with this guy! Asmus really is great when it comes to tailoring and the clothes. I don't see much Sean Bean in the sculpt though. Might have to look at some other options. Maybe Threezeros...I dunno. It's decent though. Going to futz with it some more. The horn of Gondors strap is too short, Ill be replacing it with a longer string. Otherwise Im pretty happy. I'm excited to get the Expansions for the hobbits and of course to round this set out with Gimli!! IMG_20171221_111307_784.jpgIMG_20171221_111307_787.jpgIMG_20171221_111307_790.jpgIMG_20171221_111307_783.jpgIMG_20171221_111408_329.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back