Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I ordered both; I'll display one with a complete Fellowship, the other with the hopefully-forthcoming Lurtz.

Asmus,
This is the best sculpt so far after saruman,
Congratulations, hope to see more from you,
Rooted hair is way more eye catching...wow

It's crazy how the same sculpt can look so different depending on paint.

It's not just that. The forehead is much bigger on the rooted hair. Granted, I'm sure you can just style the hair to look the same as the sculpted, but if you're not into futzing with figures after you get them, the sculpted has a better Boromir look.

Man, Asmus has really stepped up it's game. I had held off on LOTR, but since the Aragorn revision, Legolas and Boromir look so good, I'm diving in to the Fellowship. Can't wait to see Gimli as well as the Gandalf and Hobbits revisions. Well done Asmus!

I still kind of prefer the rooted version, idk why... + Aragorn, Gandalf and Gimli will be rooted as well.

Forehead is the same size on both but you have the plastic hair "capping" the sculpt on the sculpted one. You'll be able to style the rooted to look all mangy and in his face like it is in the movie.

The sculpted hair version is the most recently painted version, I would anticipate the paint on the final sculpt for both will be most similar to what we see there.

So let's see...

Frodo - two heads, both sculpted
Sam - two heads, both sculpted
Merry - two heads, both sculpted
Pippin - two heads, both sculpted
Aragorn - sculpted (not well) or rooted (sold out)
Boromir - sculpted or rooted, maybe
Legolas - sculpted only
Gimli - rooted hair, rooted beard
Gandalf - rooted hair, sculpted beard

Something for everyone?

Sculpted vs rooted hair has been the toughest 1/6 decision I've ever had to make! Love Sean Bean, so I'm glad Asmus is doing right by him. I ultimately went with sculpted hair (ordered from Asmus website), because 1) the hairline looks better, and won't need futzing, 2) it's cheaper, and 3) their website has it listed as a Q3 release, whereas the rooted hair is a Q4. So we'll see how accurate that turns out to be.

That being said, I think the rooted hair looks awesome as well, and either option is a definite win. But I agree with everyone else that Asmus needs to release both heads separately so we can get both (and I would). Asmus has been ignoring those comments on the thread, but I'm guessing they will down the line after the full figures have been out for awhile and sold out.

Back