Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it about Sir Christopher Lee's face that is so difficult for sculptors to capture?

I kind of hope they push up a Crown Saruman. With all the Gandalf the Greys being released, I don’t know if I can stomach a Gandalf the White right away. But Saruman would be exciting.

I think that Asmus did a good job with their Saruman figure. The only negative for me was the lack of enough hair on the head. In trying to capture his look, with some hair towards the front and some towards the back, there just isn't enough to split it up and look good. The beard was molded but looks fine. A faux hair beard would obviously be better.

I really hope Asmus does a new Saruman- I don't have the old figure because of the sculpted beard. But if they did one more like the new Gandalf, I think he would look extremely awesome and I'd definitely get.

Saruman had a straight beard and hair so I would think that "might" be easier than the ruffles and fullness of Gandalf's facebeast. But I could be wrong. I would be very interested in a stellar Sir Christopher Lee sculpt.

I always thought our Palantír of Orthanc was one of the most axxkicking accessories.
it was a shame there wasn't much made back the time.

Palantír of Orthanc·.jpg

That Palantir and pedestal - such a great accessory. The figure is solid, but I would LOVE to see what Asmus could do with the likeness these days.

And I would 100% buy a Grima to go with him!

Back