Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that?s correct. And yes that?s also correct!

The nose has already been heated and bended downwards actually to make it hook more and accentuation with paint was also made at the sides by the nostrils to further emulate the downwards swoop.

Oh man... how the hell do you get a HS hot enough for it to bend, without ruining the paintjob?? Is that even possible?? I used to believe that such a procedure would make it necessary to first remove the paintjob, to keep it from melting and melding with the underlying resin.... But this wouldn't be true, apparently....

I know a lot of people loved the original release of this, but there really is no comparison between the Asmus and HT sculpts. The HT Christopher Lee is fantastic and the Asmus ... well, let's just say they'd do a much better job of it today. Add their new Crown line hair and beard techniques and I think they'd be able to upgrade that original to within shouting distance to Raymond's amazing custom here.

So right. In spite of all the early support this sculpt enjoyed (Michael Crawford loved it), I didn't like it a bit, already on day one. There is a similar issue with Bilbo: the HS does not ressemble Freeman and the head is way too big. But everyone seems to be happy, and they will be until some eye-opening event comes about (e.g. a new Raymond custom with some actually-well-done, 3rd party HS).

I also tend to believe many more forum users are critical of Asmus' (and other manufacturers') output, but don't dare to speak their hearts. Many people around here are afraid of freely talking because of violent self-appointed company reps roaming these realms.
Well: companies don't grow w/o honest feedback, be it positive or negative.
m.

thank you all for the nice feedback! I hope you don't mind me posting more pictures:

:) Saruman 2.0

HEAD - Hot Toys, nose modified to hook/ point downwards
PAINT - Hot toys with enchanted age spots and eye details by me
HAIR/BEARD - me
Body - Neo With ankle extendors
HANDS - Hot Toys modified (nails)
OUTFIT - Asmus, yellowed and belt modified/repainted

Awesome work!
Would love that in my collection

some beautiful works being displayed here, I might try that on my fig one day. paladin.jpg

I started collecting this line 3 weeks ago (have been an avid 1/6 collector for years just not this line) and this was my first figure. I planned to just get Saruman (favorite character) to represent the entire movie series in my collection but was so impressed with this figure that I had to get more.

thank you all for the nice feedback! I hope you don't mind me posting more pictures:

:) Saruman 2.0

HEAD - Hot Toys, nose modified to hook/ point downwards
PAINT - Hot toys with enchanted age spots and eye details by me
HAIR/BEARD - me
Body - Neo With ankle extendors
HANDS - Hot Toys modified (nails)
OUTFIT - Asmus, yellowed and belt modified/repainted

Raymond F, that is incredible. A 1/6th work of art

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I started collecting this line 3 weeks ago (have been an avid 1/6 collector for years just not this line) and this was my first figure. I planned to just get Saruman (favorite character) to represent the entire movie series in my collection but was so impressed with this figure that I had to get more.

Same with me. Just recently ordered more figures - Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Thorin, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf the Grey :panic:

Same with me. Just recently ordered more figures - Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Thorin, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf the Grey :panic:

I started with Elrond. Then I wanted more elves so got Legolas and now Arwen. But I wanted Thorin for Orcrist and the beautiful elvish belt scabbard. I preordered crown Gandalf and Gimli and will probably get the new Aragorn. I hope Thranduil gets the reissue that was suggested.

Glad it's not just me...I was originally only getting Bilbo...I now have 7 figures, with 2 more on pre-order. I love this line and it is now my main collection focus. :)

Glad it's not just me...I was originally only getting Bilbo...I now have 7 figures, with 2 more on pre-order. I love this line and it is now my main collection focus. :)

I started with just wanting the Witch-king and Gandalf the white... now I’ve ended up with many more as well. I’m glad I’m not the only one !

Gimli got me into the line- then I decided I needed the main trio with Legolas and Aragorn- then Boromir- then finish the fellowship- then I just got everything and a bunch of Weta/sideshow statues to add to the collection. Once you pop, the fun don’t stop!

Yep amazing how mere weeks ago I wrapped up an extended edition viewing marathon of all six Middle Earth films with my wife and then decided that I needed a Saruman to represent the entire series...weeks later it has gone from add one or two more to my primary focus. Well done Asmus because I did not expect to be pulled in.

Can't compare with Raymond's custom bearded figure but I think it is a great looking figure, especially with the pedestal and Palantir. A mini-diorama. (need to replace the dead batteries...)

saruman 5.jpg

Back