Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't compare with Raymond's custom bearded figure but I think it is a great looking figure, especially with the pedestal and Palantir. A mini-diorama. (need to replace the dead batteries...)

View attachment 488104

Another one with amazing shelf presence. That entire display is awesome! This was my first Asmus LOTR figure (picked it up a month or so ago) and it made me become immediately addicted to the entire line. I would have been happy with the slim version but that Palantir makes such a difference!

Yes, please. Saruman and Sauron are the villains I want the most from the entire trilogy.
I don‘t think we are going to see Sauron in 1/6 scale from Asmus
The height will be around 17 inches tall so a new body and toiling is required from Asmus.
And I don‘t have to mention the price

I don‘t think we are going to see Sauron in 1/6 scale from Asmus
The height will be around 17 inches tall so a new body and toiling is required from Asmus.
And I don‘t have to mention the price
Asmus has said before that they will make a Sauron. Fingers crossed as he’s on my list too!

I just need an updated Saruman head sculpt. The original figure is great but to me, there wasn't enough hair strands on the head sculpt so it made it difficult to look good. The molded beard looked fine but a new sculpt would definitely benefit from a rooted beard, as well.

I just need an updated Saruman head sculpt. The original figure is great but to me, there wasn't enough hair strands on the head sculpt so it made it difficult to look good. The molded beard looked fine but a new sculpt would definitely benefit from a rooted beard, as well.
Yea there was too little hair on the head. You have to futz it properly do the scalp isn’t showing through the strands

I added more hair to my saruman figure as mine was sporting a comb over.
once I added more hair and coffee stained his robes he looks awesome.

but I’d be very tempted if a crown series was release.

a radagast I think would be an incredible 1/6 figure he’s so quirky and the sculpt and costume and accessories would be very interesting.

I added more hair to my saruman figure as mine was sporting a comb over.
once I added more hair and coffee stained his robes he looks awesome.

but I’d be very tempted if a crown series was release.

a radagast I think would be an incredible 1/6 figure he’s so quirky and the sculpt and costume and accessories would be very interesting.
I would love to see your Saruman figure with the updates.

I would love to see your Saruman figure with the updates.
A7D7375C-E056-4F5D-A0BF-0B14CCE36FB2.jpeg
EE2B911F-7563-456B-ADA0-305C3E7821BB.jpeg
Here is when my saruman had a hair transplant.

I actually had a white wig that I stained in coffee and dried and applied to the figure, I thinned the edges of the original rooted hair to blend.

and wet set the hair so it holds close to the head like in the film.
yes it’s a little longer than the film but I think it looks cool.

also coffee stained the gown which actually brings out all the details too.

few tweaks make for a really nice figure, I got the version with the palantir stand too an amazing accessor.

View attachment 545780View attachment 545781Here is when my saruman had a hair transplant.

I actually had a white wig that I stained in coffee and dried and applied to the figure, I thinned the edges of the original rooted hair to blend.

and wet set the hair so it holds close to the head like in the film.
yes it’s a little longer than the film but I think it looks cool.

also coffee stained the gown which actually brings out all the details too.

few tweaks make for a really nice figure, I got the version with the palantir stand too an amazing accessor.
Nice! I will have to try my hand at the "Hair Club for Wizards" mod, for sure.

Back