Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda surprised no one has said anything, or I missed it if they did, but isnt the handle on Sting supposed to be a dark brown? Near as I can tell in any of the pics or vids of the actual piece, its solid silver, I was hoping that was an unpainted prototype or something. View attachment 437777 View attachment 437778

Not sure what u mean ASMUS' Sting to me looks right - brown w. inset silver wrapped design - very nice diecast.

On a side note my sourced Chirrut staff showed up from ebay seller via Hong Kong - GREAT idea:clap looks perfect when I get it trimmed up. Been re-watching the Hobbit movies and with stuff coming in u notice other things in the films...

Like in AUJ, Bilbo does have a staff in a lot of shots, up to the goblin tunnels I guess, so it's good to add a staff.

Thorin definitely has back hair clips/beads up to Mirkwood forest; have some ideas for those - probably get some base metal gold/brass beads and open seam of beads to clip around hair in back. They sort of overlap at the seam e.g. wrap around hair, so not true beads.

Also he is carrying an axe a lot in AUJ; can borrow Gimli's but interesting future project.:horror

I need a hobbit door, ponies, and more dwarves!:drool

Does the final version havevthe brown handle? I haven’t seen any pics of it.
C65ED922-EA56-451E-84A9-B4E2608C713B.jpeg. E7EF3161-9944-4394-8EDF-EF8D160A3F4B.jpg

Does the final version havevthe brown handle? I haven’t seen any pics of it.
View attachment 437834. View attachment 437835

Lord Turel's review a few pages back gives a good look in the accessories part. DEFINITELY a rich enameled? paint? brown with silver embellishments. Like a miniature of the real one. Sword and scabbard are beautiful; sword design engraved into blade.

Think some pics are low res or over-exposed so all the pixels are blurring - it's Sting for sure with the right colors.

Bilbo’s up on their site for $140!! Go get him before I cave and get a third one that I don’t need. $140 with free shipping has me on the edge of caving in.

Not sure if this is the special 10 only deal but I haven’t noticed him on sale before.

Last edited:
Just picked him up myself. Traveling for the holidays at the moment, and I’m hoping he arrives home soon after I do.

Same. I also picked up Thranduil. I wasn’t even planning on getting into the Hobbit line until my wallet had a bit of a break, but these prices made them too good to pass up.

Aa....anyone?

Guess all folks can do is wait *shrug*. I've got Thorin #2 and Bilbo#2 coming from SSC with a posted estimate of "Jan-Feb" (Bilbo) and "Jan-March" (Thorin). Since they are both released can only guess they are on a dock or a ship someplace. Unless ASMUS completes figs in batches and not all at once.

Seems like stuff is shipped in batches tho. My wait for Thranduil from BBTS was the longest, way back. People who bought direct from ASMUS had him months before I received mine. BBTS explained stuff shows up at their door with no notice but they ship as soon as they can.

Just got notified my last flex payment for Bilbo has now been pushed back (again) to February. Trying to contact SSC to get some info. Not cool.

Just got charged for Bilbo out of the blue by BBTS. I'm sick of no arrival notices before they charge my card so I have a heads up to have the cash ready.

Is this asmus’ bilbo sculpt? Saw it on hot toys sculptor viva lai instagram page

2da25808707be02b3a7a344268a8c65f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, for my son's birthday I had to show him a picture online of the figure he'll eventually be getting, once the last payment gets processed.

Thanks for that Asmus.

Back