Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday; just 7 days from shipment to delivery with the free standard shipping option, that’s impressive. Won’t have an opportunity to open until this weekend.

Took a quick peek and the figure looks very nice. Head sculpt looks very good and paint apps are really sharp. The hair is a big step up from the Theoden issue.

One thing I did notice is that mine appeared to be hand numbered on the flap that goes across the plastic clam shell. 24 of 1500. Curious if others are seeing this as well.

I'll be setting up the "Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien" shortly but so far, so good!

Well, I've spent considerable time trying to set up the Faramir figure and I've come across some frustration in trying to set up the quiver.

I may be doing it wrong, so please let me know if so, but it seems that the straps may have been glued in incorrectly. Worse yet, the channel that is cut into the back of the quiver appears to me to be going the wrong way.

I'll try to explain better. If you look at this photo from Asmus, you will see that the strap towards the left is lower than the one on the right, which goes over the shoulder:

faramir quiver.jpg

Unfortunately, mine is goes in the opposite direction:

Faramir  1 sm.jpg

The only way the straps would align with the first pic is if the quiver were to be set up in reverse, which of course, is the wrong side out:

Faramir  2 sm.jpg

To make matters worse, the end (without the buckle) is supposed to go through the hook in the sword's sheath, in order to help hold it up but that end is the shorter strap, which won't reach the sheath hook, let alone reach it's own buckle.

If I'm doing it incorrectly, please do let me know. I'm tempted to attempt pulling the strap off of the quiver and regluing as in the first pic above but unfortunately, the channel cut into the quiver is going the opposite direction.

Also, it could be that mine is simply messed up and I need to request a replacement from Asmus.

Thanks!

I had similar issues with the quiver. Ended up very, very, VERY carefully peeling the strap off the quiver and re-gluing it in a different spot on the belt so I could get the buckle to line up in a better spot (on the front of his shoulder, rather than his back). I'm not sure if I did it right, but it looks okay to my eye.

Hmm, comparing that quiver to the promo pics also shows a few cut corners. The fabric pouch part is brown now and doesn’t have the leather trim or interweaves strap. I hate noticing little downgrades like that.

Hmm, comparing that quiver to the promo pics also shows a few cut corners. The fabric pouch part is brown now and doesn?t have the leather trim or interweaves strap. I hate noticing little downgrades like that.
The quiver from the promo pictures looks like the Sideshow version.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You may be right. I've got the Sideshow Faramir and the fabric pouch has the leather trim just like in that pic. It does look very similar throughout.
Yeah I'm pretty certain they used the Sideshow quiver, sword, sheath, belt and bracers in the promo photos to be honest. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Here are two quick pics of the figure. I still need to tweak it further but wanted to share some photos of the figure with you guys.

I think it looks great and will compliment Boromir, when on display. (unless you are keeping the Fellowship Nine displayed together...)

I did notice the hair-line gap in the pics but on display, it is mostly hidden in shadow and isn't really a big issue at all.

Haven't decided if I'll have him holding the bow or have it holstered around his shoulder.

Faramir 1.jpg

Faramir 2.jpg

Here are two quick pics of the figure. I still need to tweak it further but wanted to share some photos of the figure with you guys.

I think it looks great and will compliment Boromir, when on display. (unless you are keeping the Fellowship Nine displayed together...)

I did notice the hair-line gap in the pics but on display, it is mostly hidden in shadow and isn't really a big issue at all.

Haven't decided if I'll have him holding the bow or have it holstered around his shoulder.

Very nice IMO - think he looks great - at this price point - u have a nice set -up. Thank you for posting pics!

Pretty sure I will have him holding a bow, as I think the scene where we first see Faramir as an archer is kinda cool. although brief. Whenever I get him paid off form SSC and/or he ships from there. I can wait as I have some re-organizing to do.:frank

I added the cloak and rigged up the wonky quiver and straps. I'll be keeping it like this for now, as I like the look.

One thing to look out for, which I found out the hard way - The instruction pamphlet states that the cloak straps can be pulled tight. Mine were glued together so when I tried to tighten, the clasp separated from the cloak. I tried using super-glue to glue it back. Unsure if it will hold. I may try hot glue. The annoying issues with this figure have dampened my enthusiasm for enjoying the new figure. With time it will pass, I'm sure, but these are simple issues that should have been caught before the release of the figure.

One last request directed at Asmus: PLEASE print out better instructions. It is next to impossible to read the instructions due to the font being so small and the overall quality of the print being so poor.

Here is how I'm displaying the figure.

Faramir 3 sm.jpg

Faramir 4 sm.jpg

Surprised to see none of you guys put the long overcoat on Faramir. That plastic vest sure looks ugly. I would cover that for sure plus it make him appear more like a ranger with the coat on. Btw, is the sword made out of metal?

2ca173dfdebef60363df11f60089ffe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did check and most of the photos of him in Ranger garb do not include the overcoat. The overcoat is worn mostly when he is at Minas Tirith or at the sacred pool. It really isn't consistent in the film, though.

The sword is indeed metal. Asmus does a wonderful job with the metal swords.

To be honest, I have no issues with the plastic vest. I thought I would but it is molded and painted well enough that it looks like leather from normal viewing distances.

Just be careful trying to synch up the cloak and hopefully you don't have the same issues that I have with the quiver straps.

I did check and most of the photos of him in Ranger garb do not include the overcoat. The overcoat is worn mostly when he is at Minas Tirith or at the sacred pool. It really isn't consistent in the film, though.

The sword is indeed metal. Asmus does a wonderful job with the metal swords.

To be honest, I have no issues with the plastic vest. I thought I would but it is molded and painted well enough that it looks like leather from normal viewing distances.

Just be careful trying to synch up the cloak and hopefully you don't have the same issues that I have with the quiver straps.

From pics I am impressed with the vest; it looks like leather. Suppose a customizer could get some glove leather and make the real thing; but I don't think I will have that skill set or the time.:cool:
Thank you for the heads up on potential issues. I will probably put the vest on mine, because I think it looks kinda cool.

Back