Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going I to be like green lantern, where very few people preordered and it ends up with a very low ES and becomes hard to find later on.

I know people make fun of the size of GL, but if you can't even find him, that is small! :horror

I think the big difference is the EX is kind of a must on that, which wasn't there at the time of PO causing a smaller ES, whereas nobody seems to like Jeans EX COH.

True it's been out for two weeks now, but if they advertise the ES as 500, people on the fence will jump on this quickly.. Even though she might not be the perfect Jean Grey everyone wanted, the fact is a lot of people want a Jean Grey even if it's not what they hoped for.... It's not like we have a lot of options for a 1:4 scale Jean Grey..

True. However we'll get a phoenix and she will be designed better :pray

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

True. However we'll get a phoenix and she will be designed better :pray

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Maybe, but by the time SS gets around to doing a phoenix statue, holographic statues will be all the rage :)

Last edited:
Having one or both heads repainted professionally. Got the EX for $299.99 as it should be... so no regrets. I know what I am getting myself into. Only risk is getting something painted worse than SpiderWoman and or Rogue.

I think the heads are ok as is, but it would be pretty sweet if someone did a custom head that was more realistic looking... I would defiantly buy one...

I showed my wife pics if this statue last night and she was laughing at how bad it looks :(
Dat face.
Maybe it will come out awesome though?

Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I know what you mean. My wife looked at it, made a derogatory comment about the face and then walked away shaking her head. That from someone who loved the Red Sonja, Wonder Woman, and Queen of the Dead reveals.

Personally, I'm torn because I love this character but I can't pre-order this unless they are going to fix the face sculpts. I suppose many are thinking the same thing or it would have had a much bigger ES.

Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I know what you mean. My wife looked at it, made a derogatory comment about the face and then walked away shaking her head. That from someone who loved the Red Sonja, Wonder Woman, and Queen of the Dead reveals.

Personally, I'm torn because I love this character but I can't pre-order this unless they are going to fix the face sculpts. I suppose many are thinking the same thing or it would have had a much bigger ES.

I'm guessing many thought they were going to fix the cyclops Ex sculpt too :dunno

Having one or both heads repainted professionally. Got the EX for $299.99 as it should be... so no regrets. I know what I am getting myself into. Only risk is getting something painted worse than SpiderWoman and or Rogue.

:lol You spend days ripping on other pieces, but you ordered this?

After seeing the unveil the general consensus has been disappointment.

Ur point?

Last edited:
Back