Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just focus on similar base, Xmen base makes me :panic:... Somehow they look all out of place when displayed together

I cannot wait for a Cable. I'd love to see a Bishop and maybe even a Sentinel maquette. I don't have a single Xman yet. Wanted Jean but disappointed. I'd love to see someone new. NC would be amazing in mixed media. Of course I'd love some others but they've been said for the most part

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Ok your going to make me ask, Who is NC? Jedi

Just focus on similar base, Xmen base makes me :panic:... Somehow they look all out of place when displayed together

Take a look at my X-Men and get back with me my Friend

I went Blank HAHAHAHA but Yes I would like a PF Nightcrawler regular version, maybe a Pirate COH, Arrrrrrr

Lol really? I'd like two normal versions of the regular head but by different artists. Like we got for Batman

What about the Wolverine PF? That's the costume he was in during that time so I think it works for the Byrne line up. By the time a Phoenix comes out I'll be even happier I have Wolverine and Storm. I think Nightcrawler in the classic costume is likely at some point as well. That leaves 2 I think are unlikely: Cockrum/Byrne costume PFs of Cyclops and Colossus If they end up the only 2 missing I'll still be glad with the 4 but who knows? It could happen down the line.

SS runs a long term game so the only problem is if down the line they release what we want you'll have already missed some integral parts of that classic group but I see what you're saying.

Yeah the Wovie PF could definitely be used in a Byrne line. However, not in my Byrne line. I CAN'T STAND the cloth that was used on the Wolvie PF so that'll never be a display option for me. That's not even a problem because I have the EX COM so I'm good there. That and I'm sure we'll see a brown costumed Wolvie PF somewhere down the line. If I like that, I'll pick it up. If not, I'm more than good having the COM for my display.

As for the other characters, there's nothing preventing me from going to the aftermarket to get any pieces I may have passed on if SSC eventually does get around to releasing the 6 characters I want from the Byrne era. I'll definitely pick up Phoenix and a brown Wolvie PF if they get made and just hunt down the rest if need be.

Well that is another way to go so give us SSC 3 heads FTW

At this bro I'll take just about anything that looks contemporary (in regards to SS sculpts), after Jean I was really hurt. You probably more than most know how much I Wanted to love it. Just couldn't pull the trigger. We deserved so much better.
Especially considering the way female PFs CAN be done AND are done now.

I wonder how the sales on this statue are doing? What happens if their sales are abysmal. "Lets say she only sells a few hundred. That's a lot of es left. It's interesting with the tactic of not completing runs and making them in batches. Even if something has a high es, there might only be half of them made. We saw with the Star Wars mythos statues, that they won't complete runs if they aren't successful. It's interesting because ugly statues essentially become low es.... Sorry for my rant, I've been thinking up this conspiracy theory the past few days :)

I don't have this pre ordered but I'll likely get it eventually. I'm not thrilled about it just as everyone else isn't. I need a fourth X Baser to fill a Besta square with Colossus, Psylocke, and Rogue. It's growing on me as I knew it would. I'd trade my X Force Deadpool for this Jean right now if Jean was coming next month.

I wonder how the sales on this statue are doing? What happens if their sales are abysmal. "Lets say she only sells a few hundred. That's a lot of es left. It's interesting with the tactic of not completing runs and making them in batches. Even if something has a high es, there might only be half of them made. We saw with the Star Wars mythos statues, that they won't complete runs if they aren't successful. It's interesting because ugly statues essentially become low es.... Sorry for my rant, I've been thinking up this conspiracy theory the past few days :)

I think with something like Jean the announced ES will just be lower. I'm guessing 500-700 range if sales don't meet the expectations. This piece was highly anticipated and has let a number of people down. We'll see in a little while.

But it depends on a combo of the character and sculpt as well. I'm recalling the Vision PF. That ES was low. That's just how the orders fell. And there's still not a high demand for that PF. $600 Visions sit on eBay all the time. Then I think of Master Chief EX ES being announced at 300 and then all of a sudden everybody wanted one. Nobody expected a popular character like that to get such a low ES. And even including the repaints (which sold out fairly quickly but apparently aren't doing so great on the aftermarket) that's just 500 total exclusive versions, still low.

The non selling statues become more limited eh?

Which doesn't matter if people still just don't want them :lol
Venomsaurus (which I never thought was bad) took forever to sell out.

Seems like Jean will be around for a good time too then =)

I laugh, she will sell out and not be around too long

She's been out for two weeks now right? How much longer do you realistically see her selling out. I'm saying a month and a half in total if the ES is 500 or below. anything higher and I see 2 plus months easy

She's been out for two weeks now right? How much longer do you realistically see her selling out. I'm saying a month and a half in total if the ES is 500 or below. anything higher and I see 2 plus months easy

True it's been out for two weeks now, but if they advertise the ES as 500, people on the fence will jump on this quickly.. Even though she might not be the perfect Jean Grey everyone wanted, the fact is a lot of people want a Jean Grey even if it's not what they hoped for.... It's not like we have a lot of options for a 1:4 scale Jean Grey..

Last edited:
True it's been out for two weeks now, but if they advertise the ES as 500, people on the fence will jump on this quickly.. Even though she might not be the perfect Jean Grey everyone wanted, the fact is a lot of people want a Jean Grey even if it's not what they hoped for.... It's not like we have a lot of options for a 1:4 scale Jean Grey..

True ES people are waiting to see the numbers.

It's going I to be like green lantern, where very few people preordered and it ends up with a very low ES and becomes hard to find later on.

Back