Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder-Woman-2008AP.jpg

oooh, very nice!

Thanks guys! I got some sketches but they got boobs in. Doubt I can post boobs?!

Very nice, clean style. Looks really good.

Ill what did you think of those Vampi pics by Caesar?

If you are asking me, I really like them. Tis a lovely style which I'd like to do more drawings in but folks seem to like what I'm doing no so why change it. I'm gonna do a Red Sonja soon that will be totally pencil rendered.

Adam Hughes, Joe Chiodi, Frank Cho and Eric Bascula is some of my currant faves.

Ebas is Great and i Def see some Michael turner in his drawing style but i'm not sure about JS Campbell, more David finch\Silvestri.

All those guys that worked for Image at that time all drew the same way.

actually i'm not a Finch fan, i think he muddles up his drawings - there's just too much line work and shading.

Silvestri on the other hand has a nice clean style. I don't see Campbell is Ebas' style either, ebas goes for a little more realism.

I very much agree that a lot of the original Image guys are similar but I do still like them all in different ways, 'cept for Leifeld. His stuff is flippen aweful!

Finch is good but I agree that he can be a little messy sometimes.

I actually really rate Campbell though and think his stuff has shot way ahead of the pack. He does tend to get the most commercial work out the Image guys too.

...I'm gonna do a Red Sonja soon that will be totally pencil rendered...
Nah I was asking Ill Jedi. Ill loves the Sonja so make sure you post it here when you're done.
Yup and yes please, I can't wait to see it!

Speaking of Sonja, see my next post. ;)

oh well, i really liked them but i like a bunch of different styles and honestly his pin up Harley is too cool.
Don't get me wrong bud, I liked them and I like all styles, I guess I'm just getting spoiled by all the digitally rendered stuff. :)

I love these.

Well, Campbell rules that's why...
:lecture

^^ Good stuff man!

Just picked these beauties up from the post office, sorry about the pics - I just liberated them from the tube & the light's terrible in here.

Dsc01695-33.jpg

Dsc01696-33.jpg

Dsc01694-33.jpg

Dsc01698-33.jpg

I've been waiting for these for a while now - due to the delay Andrew chucked in an extra print & a few t-shirts, couldn't be happier!

Dsc01693-33.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh they are wicked DeadLeaves! I have a few of Bawidamann's t-shirts myself.
But I had not seen some of those pieces before. Love the space girl.

Back