Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
margot_robbie_by_eddieholly-d8k1e5i.jpg

Very nice! :clap

The thing I love about this thread is that almost all of the artwork features characters we all know and can readily identify, but each piece shows each character in slightly different ways. Sometimes the faces are different, sometimes the clothing is different, sometimes the style is different... but, in each case, we can easily recognize the subject. Whether it's Rogue, Storm, Super Girl, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Jean Grey or MJ Watson, no matter how different or unique, each image perfectly captures the essence of who these incredible, beautiful characters are. That speaks as much to the characters themselves as it does the artists who render them. "Art Appreciation" indeed!

Good post! :clap :hi5: :clap +1

THAT BW WOW. Such detail. Thanks for sharing!

Agreed! :drool :rock

I follow Cris Delara on Twitter & saw that Velma yesterday, it's pretty sweet.
Tweeted to say she should do a Daphne next ;)

I love all of those they are amazing...hard to pick a fave they are all so sweet.

So looks like Elias has show off his Grimm Exclusive variant for the London Super Comic Con next week...which he will be at & I will be picking up & getting signed...along with some other bits

lscc_2015_zenecope_by_elias_chatzoudis-d8k5ayh.jpg

Neil

Not really a Pin-Up, but I just finished this one:

10930991_439488566208642_1451269030605235730_n.jpg

As you hopefully can see, I was inspired by Ben Tan. One of my favourite artists. I love the detailed simplicity of his work.
I was also a bit inspired to make this after seeing Midnight in Paris. Something completely different, whereas I usually only draw, robots and monsters etc.

Back