Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm undecided. Why didn't they post of pic of the Ark with ROTLA Indy PF? That would make more sense that pairing it with the Idol, although the two do look nice together.

Anyways, props were never my thing, and I'm having a hard time liking this line. Given the lukewarm reception of both the Idol and the Ark, it probably would have been best for Sideshow to not even go the prop route and just invest their R&D into the 12" line or PF.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of this at SDCC, to get a real sense of the scale/shine before passing full judgment. So far, I think it's looking pretty cool, and will go nicely with the 1/4 Indy PF in a 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' display.

I noticed that the pics in the prod. blog now say 'SCALED prop replica', as opposed to the teaser that just said 'prop replica'.

I also do think the price is a bit high too...I don't think it should really be more than the idol's $189 price tag...maybe $199 tops, but $250 is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Still, glad to see more Indy stuff coming out 2 years after KOTCS even though the Indy hype has simmered down a bit...

Good grief :thud: , that is even too high for me to consider using my RP's on; wow that will price this beyond most PF collectors without question.

It is a very detailed piece and although I think $250 is a bit much, I can understand why.....

Unfortunately I'm not getting it...... if I'm to spend $250, might as well get Mola.....

I love that there is a comparison pic showing a Golden Idol that is obviously much more shiny than the Ark. :lol :cuckoo:

Sideshow + Indiana Jones = :gah: (with a couple of exceptions).

Man, oh man...

Shoot I was kind of hoping for something a little more from you on this one Irish. ;) I saw that marginally improved 1:4 ark at $250 and thought oh man, wait until Carl sees this.... :lol :duff

At last years SDCC, I asked one of the sideshow artist what scale this would be in and when he responded 1/4, I remember thinking "what's the point then?"

Meaning, instead of producing scaled replicas, why not spend the R&D to develop smaller "official" 1:1 props that fans (more specifically me :D ) have been clamoring for years? Cross of Coronado, Sankara stones, staff of Rah headpiece anyone? :gah::gah:

Quoted for truth.

Shoot I was kind of hoping for something a little more from you on this one Irish. ;) I saw that marginally improved 1:4 ark at $250 and thought oh man, wait until Carl sees this.... :lol :duff

Honestly, I'm pretty much desensitized and beaten down when it comes to Sideshow and INDY at this point. Pretty much the only thing they could do now that would push me back to meltdown mode is if the Mola Ram PF comes out shoddy in production. So, stay tuned...

Quoted for truth.
Sideshow is not the company you want making a 1:1 Ark, trust me.

Honestly, I'm pretty much desensitized and beaten down when it comes to Sideshow and INDY at this point. Pretty much the only thing they could do now that would push me back to meltdown mode is if the Mola Ram PF comes out shoddy in production. So, stay tuned...

Sideshow is not the company you want making a 1:1 Ark, trust me.

Neither I or the person I quoted said they were - reading is fun-da-mental! :D What he said and I agree with is that rather than doing SCALED replicas like this they should be doing 1:1 replicas people have been begging for for years, like the cross or stones.

Yeah, I guess I could see that. I'm definitely shocked that after all the criticism of the 1:6 ark this is what we get in 1:4 scale.

It is quite mind blowing. They had to read all of the criticism of the 1:6 ark. I mean it was every where so someone at ssc had to know it wasn't that good.

I know they listen to us sometimes but it just seems like they don't care about this license enough to listen.

Boggles the mind. I think 1:2 scale is about as small as something should be to be considered a prop replica. Otherwise couldn't they call everything in their PF and 1:6 line "prop replicas"? At 1:4 scale it's just an accessory to the PF.

Although I must say the size even at 1:4 scale looks impressive next to the idol.

And if they couldn't get the gold finish correct (for whatever reason they have), I would just rather them moving on to another prop and maybe revisit the ark at a later time. There are plenty of other props for them to mine, many of which have already been pointed out here.

Also, a "Prop Replica" implies that it's actually accurate. They fail there too, obviously.

This truly is mind-boggling. I mean, why even bother?

Do you think it's worth writing in the "Ask Sideshow" to tell them what needs fixing on this for it to look more accurate? I'll do it if there's a chance they'll work on it. Or is it a waste of time? I'd dearly love this to look right. The scale doesn't bother me-I'd call it a 1/4 PF accessory and I'm fine with that.

After the finish/accuracy we got on the 1/6 ark, I'm going to have to pass on preordering this.
I already have the Hasbro and SS 1/6 ark. I don't feel the need for an ark to put next to my PF Raiders Indy. Definitely not for $250. It doesn't even fit with the theme of the PF.
It will be interesting to see how fast the ark sells. Sadly, this could be the end of the SS Indy line.

Back