Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000 to 1200 depending on the ES. You guys thinking this is going to be less than a grand are reaching.... Not happening

totally agree...imo this is much more impressive than the conan dio from SS, and thats 5 hundred right there...im not a conan fan at all and when i saw this i wanted it..it has that holy **** factor....theres just so much going on from the HUGE snake coming out of everywhere, to conan's badass pose, and throw in the girl for extra measure...to me it tells a helluva story when you look at it...add in the size of it and the low ES (300 imo is TOOOOO high) ... to get a grand-1200 for it it should be no more than like 175 or so...

9u6y6u7a.jpg

This is such an awesome picture. Someone please add a couple more pics of Ares while at the convention tomorrow. The wait for this is going to be soooo long

totally agree...imo this is much more impressive than the conan dio from SS, and thats 5 hundred right there...im not a conan fan at all and when i saw this i wanted it..it has that holy **** factor....theres just so much going on from the HUGE snake coming out of everywhere, to conan's badass pose, and throw in the girl for extra measure...to me it tells a helluva story when you look at it...add in the size of it and the low ES (300 imo is TOOOOO high) ... to get a grand-1200 for it it should be no more than like 175 or so...

The SS diorama is 1/5 scale as well... ARH's Dio has got to dwarf the SS Version. COH's and weapons as well. If I end up with one it will be from ARH. I already have the SS PF on order but this thing is something in its own class. I don't know if I've ever seen something this big. Judge Dredd Dio is a 1/4 scale Dio and will be much smaller in comparison

The SS diorama is 1/5 scale as well... ARH's Dio has got to dwarf the SS Version. COH's and weapons as well. If I end up with one it will be from ARH. I already have the SS PF on order but this thing is something in its own class. I don't know if I've ever seen something this big. Judge Dredd Dio is a 1/4 scale Dio and will be much smaller in comparison

ok so im new to collecting but is it me or are there not many other pieces out there in terms of size/scope that can compare to this piece? Ive looked around and cant seem to find any, except for the medusa by ARH...even the judge dredd dio, which i like, imo pales in comparison if youre trying to compare it to this. This has just SO much going on... the SS dio is nice but if you look at it looks like a really nice premium format..huge, awesome beast and conan...this to me seems to fit in its own category and I cant really find anything that could compare to it as when you look at it its just different in terms of size and scope.

We've got a ton of Conan stories to tell now without opening a single book.

9yny2evy.jpg

4y6usy8u.jpg

hugyvahy.jpg

guhyreza.jpg

Last edited:
This is such an awesome picture. Someone please add a couple more pics of Ares while at the convention tomorrow. The wait for this is going to be soooo long

I posted pics from the con on the statue forum thread.

ok so im new to collecting but is it me or are there not many other pieces out there in terms of size/scope that can compare to this piece? Ive looked around and cant seem to find any, except for the medusa by ARH...even the judge dredd dio, which i like, imo pales in comparison if youre trying to compare it to this. This has just SO much going on... the SS dio is nice but if you look at it looks like a really nice premium format..huge, awesome beast and conan...this to me seems to fit in its own category and I cant really find anything that could compare to it as when you look at it its just different in terms of size and scope.

There are LSF pieces that tower over this but in the dio department I don't know of one that compares (size) to this ARH Dio. I've never seen a 1/4 scale Dio with three different characters. It's basically three PFs in one statue

looks fantastic but the armor needs to be gold

looks fantastic but the armor needs to be gold

It does but I don't think it's a deal-breaker for me. But I swear if they come out with a gold version later and I get this I will be pissed.

And for the record, I don't want him to have pupils.

Guess I'm the minority here. I think the red looks awesome. This is my first purchase from ARH. When the first pics of Ares were posted I knew immediately that I was buying it. I don't know enough about Greek Mythology to have an opinion on the colors I guess. I just saw this guy and it was all over from there

It does but I don't think it's a deal-breaker for me. But I swear if they come out with a gold version later and I get this I will be pissed.

And for the record, I don't want him to have pupils.

I guarantee you that there will be a gold version with no pupils later (2015).

Guess I'm the minority here. I think the red looks awesome. This is my first purchase from ARH. When the first pics of Ares were posted I knew immediately that I was buying it. I don't know enough about Greek Mythology to have an opinion on the colors I guess. I just saw this guy and it was all over from there

I feel the same way and this is also my first ARH. Poseidon can't be far behind. Hopefully an Aphrodite to go with Ares.

There are LSF pieces that tower over this but in the dio department I don't know of one that compares (size) to this ARH Dio. I've never seen a 1/4 scale Dio with three different characters. It's basically three PFs in one statue

yea not including the LSF pieces I meant like 1/4 scale or maybe 1/5 scale pieces/dioramas such as this...when i was looking the only thing I found that resembled it was really the medusa and kinda sorta the dredd dio but not so much...its very impressive and while ik its much more expensive than a regular PF/1/4 scale piece its really blows them away imo...

for me it kind of is a deal breaker. i think that having red armor AND blood spatter on him is kind of dumb.

either have him with blood red armor to symbolize that he is the god of war or gold armor with blood on it to show that he is the god of war. having both is a dumb idea and i think it looks kind of dumb too.

Again, I am quoting this pic - I realize the girl's pose will not change, but is it possible to tweak the head? Her mouth looks like a fish mouth, with both lips of same size. Would be way better if it was like proposed in the pic.. The bottom lip is usually a bit shorter then the upper.

Im sorry, but this pic is an old pic of the girl
We already fixed some of these issues. Please do not use this photo any longer.

Also as said again, once we get home, the neck will be shorter by a few mm and she will be looking a bit more towards the snake

So all in all its all been adjusted, the reaction and response at the show has been very well received, but dont ask me, ask those here who have seen her.

Im sorry, but this pic is an old pic of the girl
We already fixed some of these issues. Please do not use this photo any longer.

Also as said again, once we get home, the neck will be shorter by a few mm and she will be looking a bit more towards the snake

So all in all its all been adjusted, the reaction and response at the show has been very well received, but dont ask me, ask those here who have seen her.

You gotta promise me that we'll be the first ones to know the pricing.

Back