Are your Weta pieces still precious to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoomaround said:
I was referring to "we" as in my family and I didn't get a chance to purchase the entire fellowship (@ a reasonable price, that is) since we came in late in the game. I had hoped for the continuation of WETA polystone line.

Ah, now I understand...;-)

Well, to put you at ease, I wasn't able to get it a reasonable price either - I didn't start my collection until early 2005, when the prices were at their max...:eek:

I will never part with my SS/Weta pieces, especially the "horse" series. They are all precious to me:

collectioncm1.jpg

I just wish I had Ringwraith on Steed to finally complete it. :monkey2

The Weta line is a great line, and its becoming harder to find mint statues complete with box. It would be great to see it come back.

NASEDO said:
The Weta line is a great line, and its becoming harder to find mint statues complete with box. It would be great to see it come back.

You mean there are statues now that are sold without boxes nowadays?

I still care about the pieces like the day I got them (some more then others, because of personal reasons), the fact that the hype seems to have died means nothing to me. If you like a piece, what does it matter that less people seem to care about it, or that it's value is going down?

Lynxje said:
I still care about the pieces like the day I got them (some more then others, because of personal reasons), the fact that the hype seems to have died means nothing to me. If you like a piece, what does it matter that less people seem to care about it, or that it's value is going down?

You are right of course. Still, I will admit I like the fact that most are worth more than I paid for them. Very little of what we own, other than real estate, ever actually goes up in value...so it is nice.

At last glance I am about $2000 in the black, that's nice no doubt. :D

Darth Roranous said:
Forgive my ignorance but does in the black mean in the hole? Like losing money or something else?

I would assume that:

red = negative (i.e. money/value lost)
black = positive (i.e. money/value gained)

I don't think I could ever give up my LOTR SS Weta pieces. They are precious to me. I am such a big fan of the books and the movies. I've seen all three movies atleast 100 times and watch it on a regular basis. I never get tired of them and am constantly amazed at how wonderful they are. The same goes for my LOTR pieces. The detail is so superb, that everytime I take one down off it's shelf to admire it, I'm always blown away by their beauty. Their worth could drop down to zero, and it wouldn't change how attached I am to them. Someday my dream is to build my own little hobbit home (I am in love with all the round doors/windows/arched hallways, etc...)and in that home I will have a library will beautiful built in display cabinets where all my pieces will feel right at home. It will be perfect! Now I just need to win that darn lottery! :rotfl

goliath said:
I would assume that:

red = negative (i.e. money/value lost)
black = positive (i.e. money/value gained)

Indeed.

Actually that $2k is only statues, for my whole Weta collection I stand at: +$4.5 :cool:

Jen said:
Someday my dream is to build my own little hobbit home (I am in love with all the round doors/windows/arched hallways, etc...)and in that home I will have a library will beautiful built in display cabinets where all my pieces will feel right at home. It will be perfect! Now I just need to win that darn lottery! :rotfl

Glad you mentioned the lottery...sounds like you're gonna need to win it!

Back