1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this is the only Wolverine headsculpt with an excellent likeness. I've seen all the previous ones and they are decent, but not as good as this one.

In saying that, I won't be paying $250 for this figure. It's just too much for what you are getting.

I look back to the T-1000 figure in 2010 and am still kicking myself that I wasn't in the hobby then because for $160 and all those accessories, it was a steal. 4 years on and $90 more this is what we are getting? This hobby is going to die with the prices escalating to this in such a short amount of time.

SSC are still trying to get rid of the last Wolverine figure, this one is going to be sitting in their warehouse long after it's released.

May I ask what made you think that buying Robocop is considered the same as getting raped as buying this wolverine? and no I am not being a smart ass just trying to see your point of view on those figures.

The Robocop figure is being sold at I think 300 bucks, not including shipping, thats 50 dollars more than Wolverine, the reasoning for that price is the “die cast” I’m sure, yet there is barely any diecast in that figure, Wolverine’s claws probably have more metal than that Robocop figure does. The articulation is limited, and other than the 3 mouth pieces, he comes with one gun and 2 battle damaged armor pieces, also the color on his suit isn’t screen accurate. Just to compare, The Adam West Batman also comes with 3 mouth pieces and more accessories than Robocop, yet he cost 100 dollars less. I’m sure since HT created a new body for Robocop thats plays a part in pricing, but since Robo’s design is so simplistic, I don’t think thats a good enough reason to charge $300 plus.

If you really look, there are plenty of other HT figures on sale, or coming soon that are being extremely overpriced, I think this Wolverine figure probably cost so much due to HT having to acquire Jackman’s head sculpt license, and they’ll have to do the same for any other character they plan on making from this franchise, so I have no problem paying about 30-40 bucks extra to get these figures, as long as they come out looking as good as this Wolverine figure.

Last edited:
Won't be getting this. Too expensive, not excited about the costume and it basically comes with nothing. The head sculpt does look good though. I'm more looking forward to the SSC comic Wolverine. Just hope it turns out well.

:pray:

I'm getting this guy. Not thrilled about the price but worth it for who it is, the movie he represents, and the quality of the product we will receive. Still like a much better deal than what you're getting from SSC in 1/6 at the prices they are asking nowadays.

The Robocop figure is being sold at I think 300 bucks, not including shipping, thats 50 dollars more than Wolverine, the reasoning for that price is the “die cast” I’m sure, yet there is barely any diecast in that figure, Wolverine’s claws probably have more metal than that Robocop figure does. The articulation is limited, and other than the 3 mouth pieces, he comes with one gun and 2 battle damaged armor pieces, also the color on his suit isn’t screen accurate. Just to compare, The Adam West Batman also comes with 3 mouth pieces and more accessories than Robocop, yet he cost 100 dollars less. I’m sure since HT created a new body for Robocop thats plays a part in pricing, but since Robo’s design is so simplistic, I don’t think thats a good enough reason to charge $300 plus.

If you really look, there are plenty of other HT figures on sale, or coming soon that are being extremely overpriced, I think this Wolverine figure probably cost so much due to HT having to acquire Jackman’s head sculpt license, and they’ll have to do the same for any other character they plan on making from this franchise, so I have no problem paying about 30-40 bucks extra to get these figures, as long as they come out looking as good as this Wolverine figure.
Battle damaged Robo has no diecast and less extras than the other Robocop but costs about the same. Not a lot of rhyme or reason to some of the pricing by HT, except for their figuring people will pay what they ask.

I guess you can look at it that way, the way I see it is that for $50 more you can completely alter the look of Robocop. A different body with different expressions. If you tell me that this Wolverine will be for $300 with special stand, a second sculpt and add more accessories then I think that would be a better deal in my view. It's just hard to see this barebones figure then look at Starlord who has ton of accessories and cost less.

I guess we can safely assume that Hugh Jackman's likeness is worth way more than Starlord (I forgot his name lol). Or I think they got the license for GotG as a whole. But damn. I miss the money shot where they show all the stuff the figures come with. I always save those. Friggin HT.

That is a safe assumption, but is it a $80 more? if you sell everything from star lord that doesn't come with wolverine, 2nd sculpt, stand etc. I am pretty sure you can make at least $50 out of those. Plus Wolverine just came out this February and it was priced at $225 with a second set of everything, did inflation really hit that hard in the past 8 months.

I guess you can look at it that way, the way I see it is that for $50 more you can completely alter the look of Robocop. A different body with different expressions. If you tell me that this Wolverine will be for $300 with special stand, a second sculpt and add more accessories then I think that would be a better deal in my view. It's just hard to see this barebones figure then look at Starlord who has ton of accessories and cost less.

Believe me I know this is overpriced, but I’ll take an awesome overpriced Wolverine over no Wolverine any day of the week.

For me this is the definition of awesome.

243hh0o.jpg

It is most definitely awesome. I love that picture too! Hahha. Has there been hi-res pics of the promos? I need a new wallpaper for my phone.

But as much as I love this figure, I'm gonna have to wait it out until release to really make up my mind. I reckon the price will go down eventually. It's $230 here, but damn. Even that I'm contemplating. I can't imagine being in your guys' shoes at $250.
Give me more sculpts like this and Thor, and I'll have my own damn Avengers.

Sorry I want my wolverine canine's shown animalistic and all

No fault to HY, Jackman never got the animal part of wolvie down

SSC Comic Wolvie? I like the suit and the body. Definitely awesome.

I just don't like the sculpt on this one, action poses don't do this piece justice. The expression is just to neutral for my taste

I would love to get it, but the fact that this costs just as much as the mark VII which had an abundance of extras is insulting.

That's IMO tho :lol
0d932bcb18449755785785c92dd29a0d.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think this is awesome....

I think it's alright, but not awesome

Different strokes, I believe this is a perfect representation of Wolverine from DOFP.

Sorry I want my wolverine canine's shown animalistic and all

No fault to HY, Jackman never got the animal part of wolvie down

I thought he nailed Wolverine’s animalistic nature in X2, that hallway scene he goes borderline berserker rage is still the best live action Wolverine moment for me.

Well then they should have kicked off with the more demanded 70s version. Buuuuuut maybe they started working on this version before it was known how minimal his role would be in this outfit, I dunno.

Screen time for an outfit has zero impact on a figure. It's appearance of the figure, what they can get approved, and what they think sells.

You look at all the people screaming for any xmen stuff before this came out...any...now one is and half those people don't even like it, or won't buy it.

As for the civi 70s Logan.....that would never have been the first figure. Not from a superhero movie. It won't sell near as well. People think this one is to sparse...but want the same guy in jeans and a jacket? I'd buy it, as would some others. But near as many as would the costume version. That's the look that makes the needle move. Which outfit was on all the magazine covers? Which is on the DVD jacket? Sorry, but the civilian look is not going to be the first look nor the most popular.
On top of that..even though hot toys has the license rights to these (goes for every property FYI) they still have to get approval from the owners. In this case marvel, fox, and jackman. Which version do u think would get the approval first?

As for everyone talking about hot toys jacking the price up with no extras...again, re-read my earlier post. This figure will cost hot toys substantially more to license then any others. Like comparing it to star lord as I saw in a post ...both figures are marvel. Both figures require fees /percentage paid to marvel. However, dofp figures like this wolverine also require payment to fox studios and Hugh jackman. It's not just marvel and jackman. Or just marvel. With 99.9% of movies that get hot toys the studio secures(the movie studio) secures likeness rights before the film ever gets produced in the actors initial contracts. Because the studio here gets no profit from merchandise and because of the mess between fox and marvel they did not do so. So hot toys has to pay fox for the name of the movie, bio info ect..Hugh for his likeness, and marvel for property ownership. With GotG they just pay marvel. The actor gets paid in his deal from marvel for likeness rights so they don't even have to pay the actors. You see why it costs more? Abd because of the fox and marvel license deals hot toys can only lease likeness rights for 3-5 years tops without additional outlay. With others it's usually two times as long minimum.

These dofp/xmen figures will cost 30-60% more in upfront license fees. Maybe more depending on how hard the actors are. I've heard a couple where asking for a 50 percent split of profits. Would you make these figure(especially at normal cost) when you could instead have less risk, less headache, more profit, longer rights with other figures that you know sell?

Different strokes, I believe this is a perfect representation of Wolverine from DOFP.

I thought he nailed Wolverine’s animalistic nature in X2, that hallway scene he goes borderline berserker rage is still the best live action Wolverine moment for me.

I remember that.. It just didn't come off as wolverine, I guess it was the way he was running. His stance wasn't this:
38b1afc535ba0613e084a436ca483653.jpg

And if the HS had an expression similar to this, I would've been sold

Screen time for an outfit has zero impact on a figure. It's appearance of the figure, what they can get approved, and what they think sells.

You look at all the people screaming for any xmen stuff before this came out...any...now one is and half those people don't even like it, or won't buy it.

As for the civi 70s Logan.....that would never have been the first figure. Not from a superhero movie. It won't sell near as well. People think this one is to sparse...but want the same guy in jeans and a jacket? I'd buy it, as would some others. But near as many as would the costume version. That's the look that makes the needle move. Which outfit was on all the magazine covers? Which is on the DVD jacket? Sorry, but the civilian look is not going to be the first look nor the most popular.
On top of that..even though hot toys has the license rights to these (goes for every property FYI) they still have to get approval from the owners. In this case marvel, fox, and jackman. Which version do u think would get the approval first?

As for everyone talking about hot toys jacking the price up with no extras...again, re-read my earlier post. This figure will cost hot toys substantially more to license then any others. Like comparing it to star lord as I saw in a post ...both figures are marvel. Both figures require fees /percentage paid to marvel. However, dofp figures like this wolverine also require payment to fox studios and Hugh jackman. It's not just marvel and jackman. Or just marvel. With 99.9% of movies that get hot toys the studio secures(the movie studio) secures likeness rights before the film ever gets produced in the actors initial contracts. Because the studio here gets no profit from merchandise and because of the mess between fox and marvel they did not do so. So hot toys has to pay fox for the name of the movie, bio info ect..Hugh for his likeness, and marvel for property ownership. With GotG they just pay marvel. The actor gets paid in his deal from marvel for likeness rights so they don't even have to pay the actors. You see why it costs more? Abd because of the fox and marvel license deals hot toys can only lease likeness rights for 3-5 years tops without additional outlay. With others it's usually two times as long minimum.

These dofp/xmen figures will cost 30-60% more in upfront license fees. Maybe more depending on how hard the actors are. I've heard a couple where asking for a 50 percent split of profits. Would you make these figure(especially at normal cost) when you could instead have less risk, less headache, more profit, longer rights with other figures that you know sell?

A lot of words but a lot of good points as well....l

Back