are we getting picky?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we've become more picky just because of the amazing quality Hot Toys has shown us through the years. You can almost guarantee that a Hot Toys toy will be improved/better by the time that toy is mass produced compared to when the toy was even first announced.

I think we've become more picky just because of the amazing quality Hot Toys has shown us through the years. You can almost guarantee that a Hot Toys toy will be improved/better by the time that toy is mass produced compared to when the toy was even first announced.

Actually....I won't comment too much on HT prototypes before.. because as vnguyen said.. their quality will improve during mass production.. BUT .. recently.. the trend is that .. HT's quality has dropped (see --> John Conner: In HK, all the heads needs to be collected again since so many ppl complained about the quality) and that's why I HAVE to say sth about Batman as I am a really big fan and seriously, it still has some MAJOR issues (not minor). Again.. you haven't seen the real prototype yet. While I have already and I can say it still looks bulky.

If you want a figure that has the same fatman body as V.1 TDK. be my guest.

I personally don't pick at the figures(mainly because I don't have the patience or time to find all it's flaws),but I think in the end,the people who do pick apart the figure only help us get a better one,and I have to say this is one of the more intelligent forums where people provide reasoning instead of bashing.With that being said,though it may come across as picky at times,all it really is,is constructive criticism.I also think the reasoning behind this is that we admire all of the people at Hot Toys,and we know that these pieces they're creating aren't toys,they're art.However it may seem,we're just admiring their work and trying to improve upon it.

I personally don't pick at the figures(mainly because I don't have the patience or time to find all it's flaws),but I think in the end,the people who do pick apart the figure only help us get a better one,and I have to say this is one of the more intelligent forums where people provide reasoning instead of bashing.With that being said,though it may come across as picky at times,all it really is,is constructive criticism.I also think the reasoning behind this is that we admire all of the people at Hot Toys,and we know that these pieces they're creating aren't toys,they're art.However it may seem,we're just admiring their work and trying to improve upon it.

Very well said

It seems we can be picky in two ways
1, Simply bashing something and insulting it with no purpose or intent
or
2, Finding areas that need improving and suggesting ways in which to do so

I believe our "pickyness" lol is contributing to the latter and therefore can only be a good thing

No....its pretty annoying. I mean seriously, you guys have complained about the suspenders....when are you going to ever see the suspenders???

No....its pretty annoying. I mean seriously, you guys have complained about the suspenders....when are you going to ever see the suspenders???

:lol when? i have no idea.
but for me, having a really great 1/6 fig with a museum quality IS important to me (where, of course, 99.9% movie accurate would be great:lol)
i don't know about you guys.

yup, folks on this site can certainly be overly nitpicky. nothing unexpected. and i agree that it helps the companies (who listen to the collectors' community) improve their products.

but it can still be a little annoying sometimes.

for example, i think the obssessing over the new batsuit is just way overboard, and the ones complaining on and on and on seem to have forgotten how to have fun with this hobby.

or maybe to them whining and moaning about the tiniest details IS part of the fun. :rolleyes:

to each his own i guess.

I understand hot toys is very price 140 and up usually but are we getting a bit to picky? saying that batmans chest sticks out half a centimeter more than it should or jokers coat is slightly off color

a half cm on a 1/6th figure, is a huge difference ;)

And as for the nitpicking. I'm happy that so many are nitpicking it to hell. Hope HT just read it and do the improvements. Without those guys who're critisizing it, we would still get those qualitys like the first Batman Begins figure.

although it seems we are getting more picky I must agree with Thrustmaster...a half centimeter on a 1/6th scale is a lot...

0.5 cm x 6 = 3 centimeter in real life! and 3 cm is quite a lot!
You have to see it in scale, and if 3 cm (or 0.5cm in the equivalent in 1/6th scale) is being picky? than I am glad to admit that I am pick!!

I think we are TOTALLY picky, but being only new to this, and coming at this particular time to the hobby, everything has just become SOOOO creepily realistic, sooo quickly. I do agree, we have the right to be picky, not to only motivate companies to keep pushing the envelope and not settle, but for the huge price, we can afford to be picky!

If I'm going to shell out $150 plus for a toy, I think I have the right to be a little picky. Besides, it seems HT really takes are little nitpicks into consideration most of the time so if being a little critical gets us a more accurate product that we are paying good money for, I say nitpick away.

nitpick away to your heart's content.

i'm pretty sure the hottoys team can be just as anal. sometimes when you're too close to something though, you can lose some objectivity. double check from us then can only help. or in cases when they think they can pass a mediocre figure by us and none of us would be the wiser, our nitpicks would only show them we have our eyes wide open at all time.

hence, i alway loath the phrase 'dont like it, dont buy it'. it should be 'dont like it, dont read it'.

I think we have the right to complain and knit pick but the people who get mad if the figure isn't a clone of the person need to get a reality check. It's a high end collectible not a clone.

hence, i alway loath the phrase 'dont like it, dont buy it'.
A much over used and thoughtless thing to say. Not everyone has the option of holding the box in their hands and deciding if they like it or not. Many times it disregards the fact that, if you don't pre-order, you aren't able to acquire the item for a decent price. It just shows ignorance as far as I'm concerned, and yes, I'm saying those that use the term are ignorant, and those that parrot the term are....well their parrots, so they have no idea what their saying.

I always like it when a bunch of people nit pick but they can't agree on what the correct way should be. I know there are a few sections in that huge Joker DX thread where they can't decide if the real coat is red or orange or brown or both or how many dang coat tails it has. At least if you are going to knit pick make sure you know exactly what it SHOULD look like.

I always like it when a bunch of people nit pick but they can't agree on what the correct way should be. I know there are a few sections in that huge Joker DX thread where they can't decide if the real coat is red or orange or brown or both or how many dang coat tails it has. At least if you are going to knit pick make sure you know exactly what it SHOULD look like.

Burnt orange and three tails :D

I think Criticism is good and helpful when the figure has noticeable flaws, but I'm not gonna lie I don't like when people intentionally look for the littlest things, Like when people were complaining about socks on the Joker, :lol what are you gonna display him lifting his pant legs up? But it seems like the better the figure the more complaints like the DX Batman seems like its getting more criticism than the HotToys wolverine and the Wolverine is way off IMO and the Batman is friggen awesome! But Complaining can be good sometimes look at V1 joker and look at DX Joker

I actually AM displaying a Joker with his trousers up causing the socks to be shown, so I would rather like socks that are screen accurate

I am the same way. His trousers were not too long and were pulled up because of his suspenders so most of the time just a tad of the socks were shown. based on the pics the DX joker trousers look a bit longer than the V1 trousers so this may be just be something in the prototype or they may be longer but it is a easy fix either way.

Correct sock color also helps with custom Nurse Jokers too. It looks just a little ridiculous with the light and vibrant colors of the HT socks.

Back