are we getting picky?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wHySoSeRiOuS203

Super Freak
Reaction score
I understand hot toys is very price 140 and up usually but are we getting a bit to picky? saying that batmans chest sticks out half a centimeter more than it should or jokers coat is slightly off color

I understand hot toys is very price 140 and up usually but are we getting a bit to picky? saying that batmans chest sticks out half a centimeter more than it should or jokers coat is slightly off color

a half cm on a 1/6th figure, is a huge difference ;)

And as for the nitpicking. I'm happy that so many are nitpicking it to hell. Hope HT just read it and do the improvements. Without those guys who're critisizing it, we would still get those qualitys like the first Batman Begins figure.

there will ALWAYS be nit pickers. especially in the pop culture/sci fi genre filled with us shut ins and failing to launch 40 year old virgins.

i for one don't care THAT much. i'm not pulling out a mm tape measure to make sure. as long as whatever it is looks like whatever it's supposed to be on a close but not intense inspection.

that being said, the nit pickers do provide a voice that compels the artists who make these push themselves to the next level.

Many people will compulsively pick out "flaws" on a figure, but usually when they get it in-hand, they stop caring about the minutiae. Well, I can only speak for myself (but I don't mind too much about the little things), but I think it's applicable to a lot of folks here.

WAY too picky, simple way to fix it too. Don't like, don't buy.

Some of the dissecting is fun but it goes way to far, look at DX 2 thread, 133 pages in just over a week?! and most of it is god this is terrible, his face/chest/underwear aren't film accurate.

Gets borderline flamey quickly too :(

People were not picky enough when we got this:

Hot%20Toys%20Joker%20face%20detail%202.jpg

And we still ended up with this:

456d1238513471-mms-dx-01-joker-hot-toys-mmsdxjoker13.jpg

So I saw power to the nitpickers. They can only help.

So because of complaints we got a new Joker and if we didnt we would be stuck with version 1? If thats the case then cool but I think Hot Toys saw for themselves that it could be better.

I think some nitpicking is to be expected when you're talking about $150-$200figures. What gets me is how obsessive it can become at times. Whether it be Darth Vader's dome or the TDK batsuit, I can just picture people pouring over pictures, charts, graphs, pulling out the slide rule, it starts to get a little scary at that point... no offense to you slide rule folks.

So because of complaints we got a new Joker and if we didnt we would be stuck with version 1? If thats the case then cool but I think Hot Toys saw for themselves that it could be better.

I did not say that, I said people were not picky enough when V1 came out. In spite of that, we still got a better Joker. So while they may not always be the most important factor, I think they can only help. It has done wonders for TDK Batman as well.

I think some nitpicking is to be expected when you're talking about $150-$200figures. What gets me is how obsessive it can become at times. Whether it be Darth Vader's dome or the TDK batsuit, I can just picture people pouring over pictures, charts, graphs, pulling out the slide rule, it starts to get a little scary at that point... no offense to you slide rule folks.

People don't criticize films? or music... food... games... software... computers...

Some are a lot worse then what the others are doing here.

I did not say that, I said people were not picky enough when V1 came out. In spite of that, we still got a better Joker. So while they may not always be the most important factor, I think they can only help. It has done wonders for TDK Batman as well.

Thats why I put a question mark cause I wasnt getting ya. I can really see where it helps but I also think HT would improve things regardless. Maybe not to the extent they would if people didnt complain though.

People don't criticize films? or music... food... games... software... computers...

Some are a lot worse then what the others are doing here.

Critiquing is fine, but there comes a point where you have to take a step back.

I still think there should have been a sticky topic for it covering all the details. Then it's all covered and no need to keep bringing up all the analyzing day after day, week after week for 6 - 7 months.

That way the regular thread wouldn't be ruined, the majority of people wouldn't have to read it. Those who want to criticize it until their eyes bleed can do so. Everyone would be happy.

Hot Toys makes the best 1/6 figures so we expect the best. But sometimes the nitpicking gets a little out of hand. You just have to remember you cant make everyone happy all the time.

Back