are we getting picky?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A much over used and thoughtless thing to say. Not everyone has the option of holding the box in their hands and deciding if they like it or not. Many times it disregards the fact that, if you don't pre-order, you aren't able to acquire the item for a decent price. It just shows ignorance as far as I'm concerned, and yes, I'm saying those that use the term are ignorant, and those that parrot the term are....well their parrots, so they have no idea what their saying.

Well I must be ignorant then, or maybe just have an opinion however thoughtless :rolleyes:

A much over used and thoughtless thing to say. Not everyone has the option of holding the box in their hands and deciding if they like it or not. Many times it disregards the fact that, if you don't pre-order, you aren't able to acquire the item for a decent price. It just shows ignorance as far as I'm concerned, and yes, I'm saying those that use the term are ignorant, and those that parrot the term are....well their parrots, so they have no idea what their saying.

Parrot.gif
:D

Yes you all are too picky. If you don't like it, don't buy it. They can't appease every little thread in place to your OCD. If you want to customize it, go for it. If you aren't totally satisfied with it, then dont buy it. Most of you ^^^^^ and moan and buy it anyways

Yes you all are too picky. If you don't like it, don't buy it. They can't appease every little thread in place to your OCD. If you want to customize it, go for it. If you aren't totally satisfied with it, then dont buy it. Most of you ^^^^^ and moan and buy it anyways

Well it's attitude like that which makes so much american toys suck ^^^^.. even the expensive ones.....(e.g. DC direct TDK batman and joker sculpt.. .they look REALLY REALISTIC MANNNN ) ...

I am from Hong Kong and I know the good (and yes, bad) thing is they can become picky .... and that's why able companies who are able to STEP UP to the plate can deliver the goods and shut up the picky ppl. So the picky ppl (well you could include me if u want) do have a substantial effect to deliver the better goods in your hands. As I say, they do not hurt the industry. If the pickers requests are too out of hand.. they are in the minor anyway so the companies will disregard them. However, problems that many ppl agree on are apparent and it's of course good that the company could pick up on that...

Also, you HAVE to know that HT quality standards is getting a bit wishy washy recently. The greatest example is JOHN CONNER. The mass produced head is WAY different from the prototype.. that's why ppl bash them alot which, because luckily terminator fanbase is wide enough, HT promised to get the original mass produce heads back and give the customers a new head. (NOTEL: I do fully appreciate their act of realising this problem and have done this for the customers, which alot of companies won't, but let's stop and think for a second... if they ensured about the quality in the first place, wouldn't it be better not just for us, BUT FOR THEIR OWN COST CONTROL?) However..... Not so lucky for THE SPIRIT fans. With the exception of the great Samuel L Jackson figure, the other two are really getting cheapy paint apps and construction.

So in other words, rather picky now than later.

and he's got that massive black

stand

HAHHAHAH so true.

I'm thinking since we're paying a lot of money for these items, we have the right to demand quality. Nitpicking/micro-analyzing is a sure sign that this hobby has reached a higher level of sophistication. A decade ago, these things were acknowledged only as "toys," but now they're works of art....

There is no problem with wanting them to look good for the money but some of the things are just way out of hand. Yes the DX Joker jacket needs to be the correct color but the socks? For me its a pick your battles type of thing. Complain about the stuff that matters and the little dinky extra stuff I don't worry about.

Yes and no.

Being nitpicky about sculpt or paint is cool. If it looks off, it looks off and I understand folks want the best.

However when people get obsessive compulsive about things like a missing pocket or coat collars that are not film accurate, it is just ridiculous.

According to survey, people only look at a cosplayer's costume from the chest up and this is something I've been unconsciously doing when appreciating 1/6 figures. If there's something I've learned from the fans here, it is to be more unforgiving....

Yes and no.

Being nitpicky about sculpt or paint is cool. If it looks off, it looks off and I understand folks want the best.

However when people get obsessive compulsive about things like a missing pocket or coat collars that are not film accurate, it is just ridiculous.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When I see extremely nitpicky comments I just :lol.

Pickiness must be distinguished from legitimate criticisms of glaring inaccuracies. Look at the big chap for instance, that thread is rife with pickiness. Sure it's an expensive figure but there were some really key inaccuracies that HT has now corrected and people are still complaining about silly minute things. I think we can demand 99% accuracy for this price but the tiny little details that make it into that 1% shouldn't warrant brand bashing or endless whining.

Criticism does help companies evolve and try and improve over themselves but nitpicking over tiny details like Bustajesse mentioned doesn't really help a company evolve. Sure getting something 100% accurate would be great, but a coat pocket or collar as mentioned doesn't really count as an evolution so much as appeasing obsessively compulsive fanboys.

I do think though that with the DX line they don't have any real excuse for not getting things like Batman's weight issue or joker's coat color correct. It's their fourth and third tries respectively and if you can't correct those things by then well then there better be a legitimate reason for these problems. I'm still buying them though :)

"are we getting picky?"
When people are paying 200+$ for a figure they expect the quality to be good as much as close to the price.

I dont mind paying a premium for Hot toys but my expectation of after sales and quality of the toys must meet my expectations.

Back