Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

There will at least be a good chance of seeing the exclusive up as a second chance offer that can be grabbed once we start to get more pictures and reports from those who have seen it in person.

You probably will be able to do that now. Again not trying to hate on this piece, i am just really a little disappointed.

I still love it too but just a whole lot less now. Maybe we will see another version of Aragorn in about 3 years.

Bahhh you guys are hard to please..i think it looks even better than the proto now...more intense as someone says...i love the paint job.thats aragorn to me.the lotr pf line is starting to look good.those will be true gems in a couple of years.Certainely better than the Weta crap.

I think Andy gave a link somewhere in this thread or another with another 1/4th Aragorn sculpt and it almost looks like this was his 1st atempt. I could be wrong though.

I think another issue is how the beard is painted. It must be hard to accurately portray stubble. The proto I thought pulled it off well but the final version is lacking in that department. I will probably cancel tonight... sadly I say because I really would have liked this one to come out nicely and I mean it.

Bahhh you guys are hard to please..i think it looks even better than the proto now...more intense as someone says...i love the paint job.thats aragorn to me.the lotr pf line is starting to look good.those will be true gems in a couple of years.Certainely better than the Weta crap.

Gotta agree with Shai on this one. I think it still looks like Aragorn, but maybe the beard needs a little tweak to make it more accurate.

I got Lurtz and Frodo this week and I think these are some of the best PFs I've ever owned. Really looking forward to his line continuing.

brother in law got on the 30th and he called today be saying "hey man my Aragorn converted"

I told him to look at the final pics....he wasnt too happy after that. :lol

brother in law got on the 30th and he called today be saying "hey man my Aragorn converted"

I told him to look at the final pics....he wasnt too happy after that. :lol

That sucks man I too was sooooo pumped for this.:monkey2 He was 1st on my list for my most anticipated.

The proto had me a little tempted. This, not at all. Better for my pocketbook, I guess. But I'm not sure why it's so damn hard to keep things looking the same as the prototypes.

The way they angled the arm now in the production piece you gotta have the exclusive. He no longer looks as if he's going to grab the sword with the second hand.

I still like it, but it's pretty clear a lot of collectors don't. I wonder if this will kill some of the interest that the Moria Orc seemed to be generating for the line.

I don't know. I'm kinda shocked.

Why??? Why??? What was wrong with the prototype? Its still there in the 360.Why can't we have that one???? What the hell happened? Mind you, I'm not usually one to ^^^^^ and moan about likeness, pose etc. but this seemed to hit the nail on the head and now it missed completely. I even love the Galadriel PF, fer crissakes.

Granted its not in hand and it may not be that bad. But I've never been this disappointed with any LOTR piece.

I just can't believe it.

And that product box is really gonna rub salt in the wound looking at would we coulda had. What we woulda had. What we shoulda had.

Last edited:

Oh man, I don't know what to think. It still looks sweet but after seeing the proto which was *perfect* I can't help but see this is as a disappointment right now.

I still see Viggo from this angle:

7159_press05-001.jpg

Other angles, not so much. I pretty much liked everything about the proto (sculpt, paint, pose) better. :monkey2

:monkey2:monkey2 Well count me in the same boat as those not 100% pleased with these new pics. As I believe it was Rory who said, it has lost it's magic and it has. The prototype pic for me was like Aragorn stepping right off the movie screen and taking PF form. It was bloody brilliant and was one piece I knew I would never part with. I even said the other day that if I had to get rid of my LOTR collection, 2 pieces I would never get rid of would be the Lurtz and Aragorn PFs....now I don't know what to think. It still looks good, don't get me wrong, but it no longer makes my jaw drop and drool come out the corner of my mouth. I've got my fingers crossed this will look better in person. I'm not giving up hope!!!!

damn. im not loving this anymore. why must sideshow mess with something great? especially after all the awesome feedback from the prototype:gun

he may end up looking good in hand. you know how SS pics go. he doesnt look that bad it's just that the proto looked so damn perfect.

Back