Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

Heres a few pictures for comparison. If you look at the movie shot, his cloak actually is faded just like in the production photos. After seeing this, he still looks good to me.

sideshowaragornzi7.jpg

71591press03001bf4.jpg

frodo-aragorn.jpg

Although it seems the problem might be within the paint, I'm quite dissapointed with how the face came out. The likeness was the highlight of the piece to me, so I might end up cancelling this one. I'll wait for some better pictures though.

Somebody got any high-res pictures?

didnt know final pics were up. kinda glad i cancelled him. i dont hate it, but i really really liked the calmer original sculpt.:monkey2

Well, I cancelled my exclusive when I saw these pictures. Some people like the more intense look, but sorry, he may look more intense, but he no longer looks like Viggo Mortensen. I was so stoked about how he originally looked.

Im still liking it. I just wish the color of his long sleeved shirt stayed the same. Im keeping my Exclu order.

The belt looks "cheaper" too.

his hair is definatiely sculpted differently, with the part going in opposite directions.

His eyes look wider apart on production pics and not as focused.

My first impression of production: I don't like it as much as proto.

The proto belt does look alot better. The new one has a plasticy look to it almost.

It's like a totally different piece now? WTF SS! :cuss

This WAS my most wanted collectible this year, now I am considering canceling it.

This kinda crap really makes me mad. I pre-order a piece for $275 and then I get my 15 - 20 day shipping notice and its a different item?

Don't even get what you ordered....inexcusable in my opinion.

Times like this I consider stop collecting!

Way to go! :rolleyes:

Is it possible it will still come out looking like the prototype? And these are just bad pictures?

Just showed my wife and she even said the first one "looks just like him, the second not so much, and it looks like his eyes are fake"

God, someone tell me this isn't happening...

:monkey2

I WANT WHAT I PRE-ORDERED! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :cuss :cuss :cuss

i think the whole expression of the sculpt is changed. this surprises me cuz it seems like SS PF's usually stay pretty consistant with the proto. it's their 12in figures that usually get changed drastically.

I don't think the sculpt has change, it's just really bad Paint apps. You would think SS would learn by know :mad:

I guess when SS said they were gonna change the Elvis sculpt, they meant Aragorn.

:rolleyes:

And, I also guess when told us they were gonna change the base on the Aragorn p.f. , they meant change everything.

:rolleyes:

Sorry to sound like such a complainer. But, I am disappointed....BIGTIME!!!!

:monkey4

I think the face sculpt is the same, it just has lighter eyes and stubble color now.

Ok.... just looked at the final product pics.... something definitely went wrong. This figure has lost it's magic which is sad because I was really digging it. In the end I will feel much better about having to cancel it. :lol:monkey2

Ok.... just looked at the final product pics.... something definitely went wrong. This figure has lost it's magic which is sad because I was really digging it. In the end I will feel much better about having to cancel it. :lol:monkey2

I think I will cancel and get the reg in a couple months for half the price.

He's got a magic tan

His face has lost detail

the pose has lost some dynamics (looks more like he is stepping up to a baseball hitting mound. Yeah I don't play sports so I have no idea what it's called. :lol )

Cloak fabric/color looks much worse.

Sideshow how did this happen? :monkey2

Last edited:

Exactly how I feel.

I think I will cancel and get the reg in a couple months for half the price.

You probably will be able to do that now. Again not trying to hate on this piece, i am just really a little disappointed. I hope this doesn't happen to the Indy PF.... that would be devastating to me.

Back