Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette - Order NOW, link in 1st post.

Woah just saw the new pics and...what can I say that hasn´t been said? Just that I´m so glad I pre-ordered the exclusive, can´t wait!!

And now I´m even more excited to see the Boromir maquette, here hoping it look as good!

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

So many great angles, thank you for taking the time with Aragorn. I've never wanted a conversion so badly. And usually I have so many unwanted items on order just in case I want them come shipping time. For some reason this slipped under my radar.

Long wait until first quarter 2011 too. :(

No problem. I was excited as hell to see this and GTG. They're AWESOME pieces. This line is gonna rock!

Fantastic pics, Josh. Aragorn may be my most anticipated LOTR piece this year. I hope the final production piece looks as good.

A small detail, but I think the wind swept grass at his feet looks fantastic.

When I get mine, I will strip it of paint-app and repaint the whole piece. At first I wasnt gonna order one, becouse of the face sculpt. Dont get me wrong, its a fantastic statue, but looking at all these pictures, there was little Viggo in them. It was only when i saw the sculpt pictures at Trev-Solo profile on Deviant Art, that I changed my mind. The diffrence was huge, it looked nothing like the painted version and most importantly it looked exactly like Viggo.

Hope it doesnt turn out to be a diffrent sculpt, under that paint...:)

Fantastic pics, Josh. Aragorn may be my most anticipated LOTR piece this year. I hope the final production piece looks as good.

A small detail, but I think the wind swept grass at his feet looks fantastic.

:exactly:

Thank you so much for the pics. :clap I think both of the heads look amazing :)

Thanks all! The pics are ok. Again, another really good piece. Likeness wise I think its pretty spot on so great work by Trev. One of the best LOTR statues by SS ever IMO.

When I get mine, I will strip it of paint-app and repaint the whole piece. At first I wasnt gonna order one, becouse of the face sculpt. Dont get me wrong, its a fantastic statue, but looking at all these pictures, there was little Viggo in them. It was only when i saw the sculpt pictures at Trev-Solo profile on Deviant Art, that I changed my mind. The diffrence was huge, it looked nothing like the painted version and most importantly it looked exactly like Viggo.

Hope it doesnt turn out to be a diffrent sculpt, under that paint...:)

Make sure you post it when you're done!

First i will have to practice on some old Sideshow Weta piece. The little Gollum from the "The Two Towers" DVD set, seems like a good candidate to sacrafice. You know, i have to make sure the liquid I use ist too strong. Dont want to melt the face off my future 200+$ Aragorn.:)

Can someone here please post a pic of a LOTR maquette next to a typical PF (eg. Indy, Lurtz, Berserker etc) so I can get some idea of the size differences between of the two?

I own a couple of PF's but no Maquettes so I'm wondering if they will go well together. If not I stick to the PF line.

Comparing the dimensions on the SS website didn't help much. lol

Thanks.

These will be 1/6 and your premium formats are 1/4 scale. And nobody has any of these new maquettes in hand yet.

Oh, plus you can check out the apple pictures to compare on the Sideshow site.

Can someone here please post a pic of a LOTR maquette next to a typical PF (eg. Indy, Lurtz, Berserker etc) so I can get some idea of the size differences between of the two?

I own a couple of PF's but no Maquettes so I'm wondering if they will go well together. If not I stick to the PF line.

Since none of the new statues are out yet, it's a little hard for a direct comparison, but this should help to give you some idea.

The SSW statues are of course 1/6th scale (Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel and Kind of the Dead, along with Eowyn on the far side), same as the new 'maquette' line.

4428069031_6b4bd46c6d_o_d.jpg

Back