Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette - Order NOW, link in 1st post.

Ah that's perfect, thank you. :clap

I've already got the RWOS, so one of the Macquettes would prob look good with it.

I really like the Boromir concept art. Hopefully the end result is as good as the Aragorn Maquette.

Nice display there Guru and see you are a bit of a champ at tennis too!! Good on you!! :hi5:

Thanks. Tho I'm sad to say those little tennis items are around 25 years old, not a whole lot of racquet action for some time now.

just wanted some thoughts on the ex waitlist - I went on the waitlist about 2 weeks ago. Am I gonna be okay, I'm thinking with an ES of only 550 I might cut it kind of close??

We are in the same boat my friend. I don't know why I let the order slide when he was first announced. But it seems like it took the preorder of Gandalf to get me excited about this line. And this is my order time stamp:

2010-07-12 00:19:20

Don't know why, but I waited about seven days after Gandalf too. Oh, I remember, I was just going to go for a regular from a dealer, but since have changed my mind.

I think we will both be okay. :D

I did the same thing Fury, I waitlisted Aragorn with my Ex order of Gandalf. The waitlist has yet to let me down, and there is still quite some time to go, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

my waitlist converts on saturday - with ex Gandalf already locked up, it's smooth sailing from here on out!

Mine converts as well on Saturday. Congrats buddy. I'm having an awesome week at CV and now this too! Woot! :D

got a technical question for anyone out there whom may know:

this statue has his quiver of arrows oriented as though aragorn was a right-handed shot, thus pulling arrows with his shooting hand, being his left-hand. although i've found pictures indicating his quiver location as per the statue, but none of him in the action of shooting, i was just wondering ...

anyone remember from the flicks which hand he held his bow with when firing arrows?

In Fellowship, he held the bow with his "left" hand in the film, and drew the arrow with his "right" hand.

I put both "left" and "right" in quotation marks because it's standard procedure in movies for the filmmakers to "flip" the print.

i see ... dino, what your suggesting makes sense, especially with his sword scabbard on his left hip, thus being right-handed, and as such he would be drawing arrows with his right hand ... which would mean his quiver should be located over his right shoulder, not the left.

either way of the "handing" they should actually have his quiver positioned on the opposite side from it's current sculpted location.

... i know, i'm geeking out a bit, but it is what it is.

Not sure why it is, but in the majority of images of Vigo as Aragorn, he does indeed seem to have the arrows leaning opposite his sword arm.

We could perhaps assume Aragorn is ambidexterous and though his sword arm is right handed, he fires a bow comfortably left handed similar to some baseball players who throw/bat opposite? ;)

Just trying to give you some justification, even if it's made up!

Well, i'm shocked! SHOCKED, i tell you! I can't believe the short-sightedness of SS!! First 'two left feet' Legolas, now this!! I'll be cancelling, and encourage you all to follow me!! :rotfl

As a WoW player, can I borrow from the Warcraft forums and say...

It's a slap in the face?

Was it anatomically correct?

:D

yes as far as I know it was anatomically correct, looked almost real compare to other stuff I have seen and I have seen alot over the years.

I have a almost near complete foil card collection which is probably worth over £2000 now... cards easier to store, and have many limited prints also..

4821094799_d82f16c7a9_b.jpg

still not the best I have seen,but possibly in my top five right now..

Back