Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, you liked L&GonArod.... but not this?

Yes, the Leg. and Gim. likenesses are both very good. This just looks like some dude on a horse.

I'm going to have to start watching cartoons again. If they are as cool as this :lol

I'm in and stayng in. Excellent statue. I agree the face needs to be refined. Look what they did with Eowyn. I like it better than Gimli-Legolas which I am passing on.

re:

First impression...reminds me of the Medieval Times Dinner Theatre we have here in Ontario, Canada. It's a nice piece but it just doesn't say LOTR IMHO. I'm disappointed/relieved at the same time as I won't adding
this to my collection. My CC can relax the month it ships. The RWOS is still king in my books.

I wasn't impressed when I first saw this, but I've had some time to look over the images again and am now changing my mind. I think this piece is going to be stunning in person.

It's difficult to say about the likeness without a close-up but first impression says it's as good as Elessar (which was damn good).

I'm once again surprised (as I was with LG/A) by the negative reaction. Are people just trying to justify NOT spending the money? Or maybe static, boring poses are more desired?

Just goes to show.. you can NEVER NEVER NEVER please everyone.

You guys who don't like it certainly are entitled to your opinions.... just glad I don't share them!

Re: re:

As with any SS photos, the pictures don't do the statues justice... like the Pippin' statue... I'll wait for SDCC to make my official comment. I think the face is due to photographing directly from the front. Need a photo from a lower and to the right hand of Aragorn to really see the face...

I'm once again surprised (as I was with LG/A) by the negative reaction. Are people just trying to justify NOT spending the money? Or maybe static, boring poses are more desired?

I wonder this myself Dave.

I am not afraid to knock things I don't like, but what exactly are the complaints? I really can't see anything wrong with this one, the likeness is certainly not that bad? :dunno

Wow! I really like it! I wanted Aragorn with Brego on his hindquarters but this is a great dynamic pose too!

The colors are fantastic, the attention to detail is there as always.

cant wait to see it in person!

I think a lot of people were expecting a rearing pose like in the recently posted still - but I thought that would have been too visually similar to Gandalfax. I wish I collected these - all of the rider statues have very distinctive poses that are straight out of the film, yet all are very different. Together they'll make an awesome display.

I just LOVE this one :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
The pose is great!
Lets hope the paintjob is at the highest level.

I'll have to see a turnaround and some pics from the con to say I straight up like it. I like the horse, the armour but the face throws it off for me.

Back