Apple's incredible lawsuit :D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this funny

DroidiPhoneFlash.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

It is, yes. But in 2012, it shouldn't be. More tech companies should be pushing focus toward HTML 5, which can do everything Flash can but faster and more efficiently. Flash had its day, but now it is holding a lot of people back and unnecessarily using up bandwidth and resources. It's time to put it out to pasture.
I agree but I have lost count how many times Major websites wont work on my ipad.

How about this one:

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/0...me-rights-in-mexico-over-phonetic-similarity/

Electronista reports that Apple has lost a court case in Mexico over the rights to the "iPhone" name in that country, with the court ruling that the name is too phonetically similar to that of telecommunications company iFone, which registered its trade name in 2003.
The decision stems from a legal action that Apple initially filed in 2009 requesting that the company cease using the iFone brand in order to head off the possibility of consumer confusion.

El Universal reports that the iFone trade name was registered in Mexico in 2003, some four years before Apple did so. Nonetheless, Apple sought unsuccessfully to gain sole control over the brand in the year after the iPhone first launched in Mexico.
Spanish news agency Efe has a bit more on the situation, quoting a lawyer for iFone as saying that this is the third time Apple has lost in this case.

Apple started this nonsense and now they're getting a taste of their own medicine. The company has been in such a decline ever since the passing of Steve Jobs and it's rather strange that one man's vision and leadership mattered so much to their success.

With continued competition from Android (which is aggressively swallowing up Apple's market share), it's only a matter of time before Apple becomes yesterday's news. But with that said, they should be concerned about how people will remember them. As of now, their reputation is pretty much damaged with the lawsuits, together with selling products that have built-in obsolescence (eg. releasing the iPad 4 six months after the iPad 3 and rumored manufacturing of an iPhone 5s just a few months after the release of the iPhone 5).

Like I've said before. The iPod and iPhone saved apple. The iPad has been a huge success. The iMac and MacBooks are on the rise. Jobs left apple in very very good shape. But yes they could always lose their threshold if they don't stay ahead of the curve. I know they were working on developing a TV that is more than likely a smart tv just with the apple name. Maybe they are trying to integrate the retina display I don't know.

Back