Apple's incredible lawsuit :D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all boils down to if you prefer form over function. Apple stuff is shiny but it's pretty restrictive as far as tinkering and customisation go. Classic ipod does me fine, but I'm not tempted by any of their other products.
Not hating any side here just my two cents.

With Steve Jobs gone they have to insure income some how :lol

I love Apple products, I'll buy their stuff because I just personally like them more than PC products but as far as the company goes, they just don't have the gravitas that they did under Jobs. The new iPhone is impressive but more so because the last "reveal" (4S) wasn't too big on anything really. Their competitors aren't going to have too much trouble overcoming the 5 and even the representation was kind of boring. Apple usually only slightly upgrades in the off years so I expect a 5S or 5.2 or whatever next year but when the "6" comes around it really needs to be innovative for them to hold suit and as for their lawsuit spree? Their new Nano looks exactly like multiple techs already out there it should be interesting to see if someone follows suit and tries to sue them back.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Apple gets sued just about as often as they file lawsuits of their own. Most of this is simply legal manuevring and posturing. It's how "the game" is played. To companies like Apple their name and branding are as valuable as any of their products. They carry a big stick.

And if you think they're bad, try taking a hard look at pretty much every other major consumer-focused company. Walmart, Coca-Cola, Disney... What some of ALL of these companies do in boardrooms and courtrooms borders on evil. If you want to boycott Apple over this then you better start shopping only a mom & pop stores and stop buying pretty much any name brand products. Or, just open your eyes... that should be even easier.

Apple gets sued just about as often as they file lawsuits of their own. Most of this is simply legal manuevring and posturing. It's how "the game" is played. To companies like Apple their name and branding are as valuable as any of their products. They carry a big stick.

And if you think they're bad, try taking a hard look at pretty much every other major consumer-focused company. Walmart, Coca-Cola, Disney... What some of ALL of these companies do in boardrooms and courtrooms borders on evil. If you want to boycott Apple over this then you better start shopping only a mom & pop stores and stop buying pretty much any name brand products. Or, just open your eyes... that should be even easier.

I said this earlier in the thread. Thanks for echoing my post. People need to open their bloody eyes. People, educate yourself before making lame threats like boycotts.

I said this earlier in the thread. Thanks for echoing my post. People need to open their bloody eyes. People, educate yourself before making lame threats like boycotts.

Did someone actually say they were boycotting them in this thread?

I said I wouldn't buy their stuff, but that's my choice. It's expensive and there's other things out there just as good if not better and cheaper. Add the lawsuit and I have no desire to purchase from them.

Nothing wrong with protecting what's your's, but suing a polish grocery store for an A is stupid.

And reading some of the comments, Jobs should've started a religion.

he did :lecture

(people worshiping him and worshiping his products, like a New technological Messiah, while he takes their money, Sounds like a church to me :hi5: )
their stores even feel like churches where people gather to use the products
:lol:lol

It all boils down to if you prefer form over function. Apple stuff is shiny but it's pretty restrictive as far as tinkering and customisation go. Classic ipod does me fine, but I'm not tempted by any of their other products.
Not hating any side here just my two cents.

Agreed. I always looked at Apple products as end-user devices for people who need nothing more than a way to go online and listen to music. We've been experimenting running some of our software on the new mac-minis and the OS is just plain crap. Also, a lot of Apple implementation in the commercial sector(which is limited, due to their price points) that I'm seeing still utilizes virtualization to accomplish the majority of their tasks.

They've done a great job at limiting their products in both functionality and hardware to only work with their Apple products. And if something breaks, you have to go to their store to get it fixed, and pay their prices to recover your data, etc.

I like my iPod nano, works great in the car, but I still buy 99% of my music in CD form. Before I had my nano, I had the same 8gb mp3 player I had for years, and never had an issue with it. I hate my iphone though, would much rather have a samsung or droid, but since my company paid for it, I don't complain too much.

Found this funny

DroidiPhoneFlash.jpg

But it's still very widely used regardless if it's good or bad.

It is, yes. But in 2012, it shouldn't be. More tech companies should be pushing focus toward HTML 5, which can do everything Flash can but faster and more efficiently. Flash had its day, but now it is holding a lot of people back and unnecessarily using up bandwidth and resources. It's time to put it out to pasture.

Back