Apple Awarded $1.051 Billion In Damages

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is even though it's one of the biggest payouts ever, it will barely be more than a drop in the oceon for Apple... what with their $100Bn+ cash pile :lol

iBreathe. Has nice ring to it.

I heard they were gonna cover both ends and patent iFart too.

So they will be suing everyone else then too?

Probably.

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs said:
I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

Translation: Somebody is trying to, Heaven forbid, compete with me, so I'm gonna throw the biggest, most expensive temper tantrum in history!!

So they will be suing everyone else then too?
Great question. I really don't know.

It seems, Apple targeted their closest competitor.
Perhaps they felt that if there was a company that could displace them from being at the top, it was probably Samsung. :dunno

Exactly why I don't buy Apple products. Now that Jobs is dead, they can fade back into obscurity.

I'm guessing they'll end up suing the others as well--HTC, LG, Motorolla, and probably Google for Android.

Judges really shouldn't have given them this, there's things here that should have never been awarded a patent.

Back