Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never gotten a PF that was in good shape from Sideshow the last 5 that I've gotten directly from them have been bad.

Black Widow- bad paint
Harley Quinn- missing head
Freddy- glue on the hat.
Punisher- broken off ear
Deadpool- cracked paint and concave base

The only piece that I've ever had arrive without problems was the legendary scale black Spider-Man bust. Which was years ago, so . . . Yeah they suck ha.

And Rogue just needs all new heads made completely. I dont care that it's been years later and I don't even care if they charge for them. They just need to show up on the website for $20 a piece. Say "Alternate Rogue head for your Premium Format Figure"

Except for 2 statues for me, SS is mostly good on replacements and credits. But those 2 situations left me feeling not so great towards SS since they really had serious issues.

I've never had a bad one

"Bad" is subjective. Unless you're getting statues not from the same factories the rest of us are receiving from (which could be the case if you get samples, I don't know) out of the many statues you seemingly have there are surely a number of them that others would say are bad and that you're settling. It's your collection so it's ok as long as you're satisfied. I'm not saying you do have any that are bad (plus I notice you tend to skip certain peices), but I do doubt your collection as a whole has no issues that somebody would scrutinize. There's a bit of paint slop for somebody to scrutinize somewhere. And if you get a pristine Apocalypse, please do post pics.

What do you mean by few bicep cracks?

Not actual cracks, but likely a fault in the mold. There have been a number of reports on this if you read back to when he started shipping.

WOW!! :thud: best pics I've seen so far of this guy! Massive congrats :clap

What a compliment, thanks mate! I'm still trying to get a handle on my first DSLR haha...

Why is sideshow suddenly offering double points for the regular?
Does not cover those who ordered earlier?

Honestly guys... all the paint mistakes, smudges, cracks, pits, and rust issues....how is this acceptable? It's a shame that SS knows the majority of collectors will settle and keep a flawed piece verses returning it. They know if you choose to return it for a refund someone on the waitlist will take it. They are learning nothing and we are empowering their business practices. A sell is a sell. I was to get charged yesterday and it didn't happen. I hope they are looking at this issue and now inspecting them.

Honestly guys... all the paint mistakes, smudges, cracks, pits, and rust issues....how is this acceptable?.

Oh, I don't know, out of the 2000+ status they're producing I've only seen a handful of complaints so far.
Possibly less than 1% with defects.
Obviously I'd be gutted if the QA sucked on one of my statues but overall, not bad QA in my books.

Just a bit of perspective. ;)

Last edited:
Interesting Wanderlai, same thing has happened to me. All my other PO charges have come off today but not my final for Apoc. Hoping all is ok with mine, has to come all the way to Oz. Already had to destroy a Galactus and waiting on Wolvie LSF replacement. Not crash hot considering the cost of those ones. Fingers crossed for this one. I wonder why SS don't get some reps on here to address the community concerns on QC. After all we are their biggest fans! Surely they are aware they need to get the QC sorted cause it must be causing them heaps of grief on the customer service front.

Oh, I don't know, out of the 2000+ status they're producing I've only seen a handful of complaints so far.
Possibly less than 1% with defects.
Obviously I'd be gutted if the QA sucked on one of my statues but overall, not bad QA in my books.

Just a bit of perspective. ;)
Really? The large majority of people here have had some kind of issue.

Back