Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apocalypse Comiquette

The word "grail" gets thrown around too freely IMO. A grail to me is the Dr Doom PF EX or the Grey and Green Hulk PFs and the X-Men #1 Dio EX. The Cap PF EX is a borderline grail. I don't think anything Sideshow produces nowadays will ever reach grail status because of two factors: 1.) the edition sizes are higher and 2.) the quality is lower.

This is the Apocalypse that I'd like to see.

apocalypse_baf2.jpg

He's got chicken legs in that sculpt.

TOY BIZ really missed the ball there. It's not the 90s anymore, 20 years have passed and Comiquettes mostly deviate from the classic 90s era whereas Premium Formats are true to the fan's choice. I doubt we'll see a premium format statue of Apocalypse (how can we?) ..

Its safe to guess that Hasbro's latest Apocalypse figure is the incarnation we'll see...

I prefer this one since he was due for an overhaul (first appearance was 1986).

apocalypsemarvluni.jpg

The word "grail" gets thrown around too freely IMO. A grail to me is the Dr Doom PF EX or the Grey and Green Hulk PFs and the X-Men #1 Dio EX. The Cap PF EX is a borderline grail. I don't think anything Sideshow produces nowadays will ever reach grail status because of two factors: 1.) the edition sizes are higher and 2.) the quality is lower.

Disagree about several points. Edition sizes haven't risen that much. Doom was 1500 total (slightly lower compared to today) and Cap was 1975 (higher than most ES today). I don't really see the decrease in quality. Are you talking about a drop in paint?

Couldn't agree more regarding how silly "grail" gets thrown around though. The statue hasn't been shown and it is already being mentioned as a grail :lol

Disagree about several points. Edition sizes haven't risen that much. Doom was 1500 total (slightly lower compared to today) and Cap was 1975 (higher than most ES today). I don't really see the decrease in quality. Are you talking about a drop in paint?

Couldn't agree more regarding how silly "grail" gets thrown around though. The statue hasn't been shown and it is already being mentioned as a grail :lol

Look, I only meant that with the combo of Gore group sculpting a 24" (1/4 scale), 100% polystone Apocalypse (?)......................Yeah, I meant it may reach epic grail status. Get ready to be knocked on your a$$.:wave

P.S. Based on the recent Gore group/ Olivetti releases; Spidey, Carnage, Venom, Hulk, Punisher...............I don't think grail sounds silly at all.:wink1:

You can't lump the EX in the the Regular editions. Doom ES was 500 for the EX, Cap ES was 875 for the EX and this is why I said in my post that Cap only might be considered a grail. His ES is fairly high. As far as quality goes, paint is part of it, but the solid/heaviness of the Doom and Hulk pieces convey quality to me, rather than a hollow lightweight piece.

Look, I only meant that with the combo of Gore group sculpting a 24" (1/4 scale), 100% polystone Apocalypse (?)......................Yeah, I meant it may reach epic grail status. Get ready to be knocked on your a$$.:wave

P.S. Based on the recent Gore group/ Olivetti releases; Spidey, Carnage, Venom, Hulk, Punisher...............I don't think grail sounds silly at all.:wink1:

But none of those are grails. :lol

BTW, "Epic" tends to be the second most overused word on these forums.:rotfl

I think the word "grail" gets thrown around alot because people have different sought after pieces & regarding Sideshow pieces from before compared to what's being produced now. I'd have to agree with Mr. Ski as to how Sideshow has produced & maintained quality. As once said "The Golden Age" of Sideshow.

It's not the 90s anymore, 20 years have passed and Comiquettes mostly deviate from the classic 90s era whereas Premium Formats are true to the fan's choice. I doubt we'll see a premium format statue of Apocalypse (how can we?) ..

Its safe to guess that Hasbro's latest Apocalypse figure is the incarnation we'll see...

I prefer this one since he was due for an overhaul (first appearance was 1986).

apocalypsemarvluni.jpg

621002-a_06_super.jpg
39_197886_0_XMen183BTheBloodofApocalypsePa.jpg

The art/costume/interpretation of Apocalypse differs from artist to artist.

Tied with the word "FAIL".

You can't lump the EX in the the Regular editions. Doom ES was 500 for the EX, Cap ES was 875 for the EX and this is why I said in my post that Cap only might be considered a grail. His ES is fairly high. As far as quality goes, paint is part of it, but the solid/heaviness of the Doom and Hulk pieces convey quality to me, rather than a hollow lightweight piece.

But none of those are grails. :lol

Hey man, give them a little time to reach grail status. They have only been released in the past year?! Already their value has doubled & tripled, & collectors are starting to realize how great these sculpts truly are. So.................................................wait for it.

I'm all over this like white on my ass boys. This piece is going to be an EPIC GRAIL 1/4 SCALE OR FAIL!!!!! :nana: :pfft: :stick

:D

A lot of people talked to Olivetti in Chicago and he said that he's still working on Apocalypse, but is almost done. However, the piece that is all done and completed is the Skaar PF. Will most likely get both.

I like this look but I'm not sure I want the comiquette based on it. I'm just hoping w/e design they go with doesn't have the ridiculous "A" on the belt buckle. (the buckle above plays it off pretty well.)

Its about time, they start to concentrate on the villains.

Yes PLEASE, SIDESHOW! I want Dr. Doom Comiquette, Thanos PF, Apocalypse Comiquette, Galactus Comiquette, Magneto PF, Iron Patriot Comiquette!!! :clap

Yes PLEASE, SIDESHOW! I want Dr. Doom Comiquette, Thanos PF, Apocalypse Comiquette, Galactus Comiquette, Magneto PF, Iron Patriot Comiquette!!! :clap

Haha that would make an awesome display :)

Really looking forward to Apocalypse!! Hope the style at least goes well with the current x-men PFs.

This should turn out great. Even if you are not a fan of AO's art, the Gore group will nail this. The Venom art print wasn't really anything special and look what they turned that into. I have total faith that this will be a very special piece when it's released. The Gore group haven't missed in this line yet. I don't expect them to start with Apocalypse.

The only Marvel character I want in 1/4 form is Omega Red.

would love to see how AO/gore group do apocalypse, but im still wanting them to do the jimlee apocalypse, that would go well with the current xmen pf... Maybe one day!!!

Back