Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm redoing my dinosauria display since these pieces are longer than they are deep, so I'm going to use a Billy bookcase instead of a Besta. My apato will have to be on top since I don't think there is a display cabinet big enough to display this behemoth.

I'm redoing my dinosauria display since these pieces are longer than they are deep, so I'm going to use a Billy bookcase instead of a Besta. My apato will have to be on top since I don't think there is a display cabinet big enough to display this behemoth.

You can get a nice acrylic case for this "little guy," for around $175. ;D Just head over to casesforcollectibles.com and place your order. :D

I checked my longest curio cabinet, and it's not even long enough to fit this beast. What is the scale? Maybe 1/18?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just saying it's alot easier to name one lifesize piece, than every Dinosaur statue I purchase.

Now if I was bragging, I'd have told you about the adult 1:1 Stegosaurus statue I have coming tomorrow. ;)

Well, I am actually anticipating to see the Apatosaurus maquette dwarf these critters~~ :D

grouput.jpg

I'm not sure how much " dwarfing " it will do..from the size in the description it's the longest piece..but that's mostly thin tail..and the height doesn't beat the Spinosaurus either. The roundness of the body is pretty thick but that's about it. Recall this image :

200134_press09-001.jpg

It's head comes just about to where the Spino's back of the neck is. Not to say isn't going to be really impressive of course ! ;D

Yes, I did notice that they seem similar in size from that pic, but when they are viewed laterally, I think there would be quite a difference.

At the place where I used to work at, there was a rather bulky dinosaur model which was about 1.4m in length, and it's height was only over a foot, but when displayed with a SS dinosauria statue, it did make it look small.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just saying it's alot easier to name one lifesize piece, than every Dinosaur statue I purchase.

Now if I was bragging, I'd have told you about the adult 1:1 Stegosaurus statue I have coming tomorrow. ;)

:lol

I'll just name mine Littlefoot ... ;D

I've found these larger pieces are best when used as shelf toppers. That way they have plenty of room and you can view them from more than one angle easily.

I watched that movie a few weeks ago. I'd forgotten how sad it is.

Back