Anyone overwhelmed at the amount of awesome games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I guess this is the kind of complaint we gamers like to have, but with so many incredible games out, or coming out, making sacrifices has been hard.

With my interests alone, I have follow games as my usual 'must plays'
Dark Souls
Uncharted 3
Gears 3
Rage
Arkham City
Silent Hill Downpour - now delayed 2012 thank goodness

Due to the list alone, I have to put several on back burner. I have found that Arkham City was my first casualty, and while i own Rage, probably wont play it until next year.

Anyone else feel same?

There are plenty but I'm getting them as they come out.

Got Gears 3, Batman next week, then Battlefield 3, then LOTR. Halo CE is in there someplace as well. Thats it for me I think.

There are plenty but I'm getting them as they come out.

Got Gears 3, Batman next week, then Battlefield 3, then LOTR. Halo CE is in there someplace as well. Thats it for me I think.

No Assasins Creed?

No Uncharted?

There's so many games coming out and I am absolutely loving it :rock as you can tell by my sig.

Honestly no I'm not, it's just that time of year. I remember back when all the releases used to come out early September. I loved it because it was right around my b-day.

Honestly though I wish publishers would spread the releases out more. Summer tends to be a big lull in gaming, and I doubt it would hurt sales much if at all if more games launched summer time. I never understood the whole holiday release thing in the game industry. It's too reflective of gaming's past, and stereotype that gaming is just for kids. Do publishers honestly think if you launched a game like Batman: Arkham City in July less people would buy it?

My big three for this season are Batman, Battlefield, and Skyrim. I'm sure I'll have beaten Batman by the time Battlefirld comes out. My real prob will be finding a balance between Battlefield MP, and Skyrim.

I agree, here is my list I have to play...if I got a ps3. Was quite a time out of gaming. And do some at a friends place.

enslaved - dead space 2, crisis, bajonetta. deusx3, uncharted2. MGS,borderlands, batman 2arkham city, mass effect, battelfield3, rage, uncharted, resistance3,

But the most I will enjoy is ico & shadow of the colossus, the new version for the ps3

greetings

Last edited:
The key is to not buy everything day one, or even week one or month one.

For me, the big 3 games I'm looking at are Batman, Uncharted 3, and Zelda. That's really it. I can wait on all the other games. Well, Battlefield 3 I'm getting since I pre-ordered it for $40.

I've got enough on my plate right now, I figure I'll look for some deals on Boxing Day, and pick more up when they begin to drop in price a bit. To much invested to have a new game sit on the shelf for a month or two before I actually get time to play it.

Oh yeah, Im strictly going for Uncharted and Batman. The COD after the review are out, if i have the cash

my issue is saving money for collectables lol

The key is to not buy everything day one, or even week one or month one.

For me, the big 3 games I'm looking at are Batman, Uncharted 3, and Zelda. That's really it. I can wait on all the other games. Well, Battlefield 3 I'm getting since I pre-ordered it for $40.

You bring up a great point. Personally I've always felt compelled to get every title I'm interested in on release day, often going to midnight releases. I find myself this way less so now however. I think I might be getting a bit jaded about newer games.

I wonder what drives us to get games at midnight releases, when we know full well most titles are avaliable for years, and at discount prices. Kinda the opposite of collectibles.

I never buy games day 1 (saving so much more money this way)... wait until they're below retail which gives me enough time to play through them slowly. Though I don't play much anymore.

Honestly no I'm not, it's just that time of year. I remember back when all the releases used to come out early September. I loved it because it was right around my b-day.

Honestly though I wish publishers would spread the releases out more. Summer tends to be a big lull in gaming, and I doubt it would hurt sales much if at all if more games launched summer time. I never understood the whole holiday release thing in the game industry. It's too reflective of gaming's past, and stereotype that gaming is just for kids. Do publishers honestly think if you launched a game like Batman: Arkham City in July less people would buy it?

My big three for this season are Batman, Battlefield, and Skyrim. I'm sure I'll have beaten Batman by the time Battlefirld comes out. My real prob will be finding a balance between Battlefield MP, and Skyrim.
Well said. This always bugs me. IF anything, I think publishers are shooting themselves in the foot b releasing everything in the fall. It all becomes white noise with so much in the same window. I'll probably end 2011 with about 20 game purchases. About 12 of those will be in a two month period and the rest were spread out through the other 10 months. Lame.

What I try to do is fall behind the releases a couple of months. This way your always getting stuff half price or less.
It's not been easy to follow that recently though.

This is pretty much the only reason I don't own a PS3, there are just too many good games, I don't think I would have time to play them all, though Uncharted has always looked interesting. But owning a 360 and Wii, there are more games than I have time for. The list of games I am interested in, this whole dump of games started in August with Deus Ex, then Gears of War 3, Rage, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Zelda, Assassins Creed, Forza, Call of Duty (maybe), Battlefield. Then you have a break for a few months, then Mass Effect, and Prototype. It is just insane.

Tis the season. When i worked at gamestop, we referred to the part of the year from the last week of September to the first week of January as either "the Flood", or "the Deluge".

Because new games were getting released 2 and 3 a day, every tues- thurs every week.

And I love it.

Batman Arkham City is all I need to keep me busy for a while.

I'd love to get into Elder Scrolls also once it's released.

Yeah, Arkham City does look awesome. For me, just trying to survive Demon Souls primarily, with a dash of Uncharted 3 MP for good measure on the side

With my Hot Toys and christmas spending i've only got two games on order... Batman AC and Battlefield 3.

I'm gonna wait for Uncharted AC: Revelations, House of The Dead Overkill EE and Skyrim til next year.

I bought Dead Space 2 just after release and didn't get it to play for about two months later by which time it more than half of the price.

Batman AC and BF3 should take up my gaming time for a good while, no sense buying these games on release, barely playing them and finding the price much less by the time i do.

Last edited:
Back