Anyone overwhelmed at the amount of awesome games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm completely overwhelmed, all I keep thinking is that it's going to be one busy ass Christmas holiday period! And I say that because I'm not buying any until then for two reasons.

Too many to choose from
and
I'd have no time to play them until then as I'm so busy, and the pain of having them sit there would just eat me up inside

:p

Seriously though, I can't remember there being such a good selection of games, all right at the same time. And really diversified too.
Shooters,
Thinkers,
Drivers,
3P Adventurers -

Nearly everyone has been catered for, which is good because personally I've been trying to mix it up of late. The developers certainly didn't dissappoint.
:D

Assassins Creed
Arkham City
Battlefied 3
Uncharted
and
F1

topping my lists, among too many others.

My two most-wanted are definitely Arkham City and Uncharted 3. I replayed Arkham Asylum a while back, and now I'm mid-way through Uncharted 2 again. Also want to pick up Dead Island, Rage, Skyrim, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus and Silent Hill 2 & 3 Collections eventually.

I would not say overwhelmed.

Are there plenty of awesome games out and on the horizon? Yes.

We seem to be in sequel mode for the majority of the awesome games that are simply a continuation of the the tried & true formulas, but nothing really truly innovative or spectacularly original given the clique & niche depending on the consoles we have (i.e. XBOX 360, PS3, & WII).

We're enjoying what we're familiar with (i.e. GOW3, COD: MW3, etc.).

Personally speaking, I usually stick with the tried & true as well, but end up buying a collector's edition of a particular title because of bonuses & extras, but the trend I noticed is that now everything is about bonus & unlockables, etc. when it comes to a collector's edition and how certain publishers are beginning to realize the how they can make more $ with online access and online content for their games. This is after all the next phase of console/online gaming which already has been set within the PC gaming market.

The only game that I am purposely scheduling to take the time and will play is COD: MW3 and probably the anniversary edition of the original HALO for the XBOX 360.

Hell yeah!!

This fall I have: Dead Island, GOW3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, and CODMW3. Now, I have a two year old so my playtime is severely limited but I'll probably put Skyrim on hold until the drought from First Quarter 2012. Oh yeah, also picked up Crysis 1 from the Games on Demand channel. This is one awesome game!!

I would not say overwhelmed.

Are there plenty of awesome games out and on the horizon? Yes.

We seem to be in sequel mode for the majority of the awesome games that are simply a continuation of the the tried & true formulas, but nothing really truly innovative or spectacularly original given the clique & niche depending on the consoles we have (i.e. XBOX 360, PS3, & WII).

We're enjoying what we're familiar with (i.e. GOW3, COD: MW3, etc.).

Personally speaking, I usually stick with the tried & true as well, but end up buying a collector's edition of a particular title because of bonuses & extras, but the trend I noticed is that now everything is about bonus & unlockables, etc. when it comes to a collector's edition and how certain publishers are beginning to realize the how they can make more $ with online access and online content for their games. This is after all the next phase of console/online gaming which already has been set within the PC gaming market.

The only game that I am purposely scheduling to take the time and will play is COD: MW3 and probably the anniversary edition of the original HALO for the XBOX 360.

I probably wouldn't say overwhelmed either, but my bank account certainly would. Lot of good games at once = lot of big dents in the old balance. :p

I'm just the right amount of whelmed (at least until Skyrim hits). I used to stay up until 2am and be able to get up at 6 for work.

I think those days are long gone.

Last edited:
I'm getting at least Arkham City, Skyrim and MW3

No time for Uncharted 3 or anything else. Just these games will keep me busy enough for the next 6-8 months I think (easily with Elder Scrolls)

I'm just the right amount of whelmed (at least until Skyrim hits). I used to stay up until 2am and be able to get up at 6 for work.

I think those days are long gone.

Yep, out of all the games coming/came out I intend to buy 3 or 4.

Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

Maybe the new Assassins Creed if I can ever get through the latest one.

I just don't have the time I used to in order to get through games.

Im still playing alot of older games that i have like halo reach and marvel vs capcom, but there is a bunch of great games on the way, i have the new zelda and halo ce on preorder, and the little bit of social life i have will be forever gone with the new oblivion and diablo 3.

Dead Island ended up on my casualty list - was going to get it, but decided didn't want to play a long zombie game now. Will probably get the GOTY edition or whatnot next year

It is overwhelming! I still lag behind, haven't picked up Crysis 2 yet. Skyward Sword coming next month, and Arkham City thankfully delayed for the PC.
Oh, and then there's a lesser known but brilliant game: Trackmania 2.

I totally agree man! This year has a been a bit light on for games but from now on its gonna be mental! I only have 360 so that limits me a bit but still; Gears 3 is awesome, Arkham City rules, Dead Rising extra game must be played, I haven't got Dead Island yet, old Resident Evil games out on XBLA, MW3 and on and on.

Plus we just had a baby!

I am a very busy Freak these days.

I totally agree man! This year has a been a bit light on for games but from now on its gonna be mental! I only have 360 so that limits me a bit but still; Gears 3 is awesome, Arkham City rules, Dead Rising extra game must be played, I haven't got Dead Island yet, old Resident Evil games out on XBLA, MW3 and on and on.

Plus we just had a baby!

I am a very busy Freak these days.

If you just had a baby you know damn well you won't be playing many games. :rotfl

Congrats. My wife and I just had our first 3 weeks ago. Kiss gaming goodbye almost. :yess:

Fall is jam packed for me.

As a huge fighting game fan:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII
a last (hopefully) patch for the Street Fighter IV series. 3+ years of this, it's time to move onto some newer stuff on the market.
Battlefield 3

And some Arkham City and Dark Souls on the side.

If you just had a baby you know damn well you won't be playing many games. :rotfl

Congrats. My wife and I just had our first 3 weeks ago. Kiss gaming goodbye almost. :yess:

I know. Well it hasn't been that bad so far, I have been able to play gears with mates while the baby sleeps in a swing next to me lol.

I didnt think Arkham city was going to score as highly as it did to be honest but every review has been awesome.
Iv left gears and Rage and will leave uncharted for a while.
Was going to leave arkham but I may pick it up friday.
I will try and leave it to 4 to christmas
Fifa , forza, battlefield and Arkham

Still to many lol but a good mix.

I highly recommend the new Ace Combat for anyone who has room on their list, even for a rent. It is amazing and has a kick ass soundtrack.

Back