Anyone make a Sideshow Clone Wars Plo Koon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbomb23

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm brand new into 1/6 scale figures, and I've only picked up Sideshow Star Wars figures so far. Bossk pretty much pulled me in, and if I was going to get him I had to have Boba Fett. So far I've gotten:

Boba Fett
Bossk Exclusive
Assaj Ventress Exclusive
Commander Bly
Commander Gree

and on the way

Plo Koon Exclusive
Commander Bacara

Well anyways I've purchased a few parts to see if I can make a Clone Wars Plo Koon. Has anyone modded a Plo Koon in this fashion? I'd love to see it. I used the search and either I'm not bright enough to use it or nothing came up. Thanks.

People have done a CW Obi-wan but not Plo Koon, so you'll be the first one. Look forward to see your work on him. :yess: Nice start on the collection....Ventress is still one of my all time favorites....she just kicks @ss, doesn't she.

Last edited:
Well so far the only figure I've opened up is the Commander Bly, and he is very impressive. My "custom" probably won't be very accurate as I can part swap just fine but the paint details on the guantlets won't be there, and I have some extra clone hands coming that I'll need to cut up and possibly glue to another set of Plo hands if I can get a pair. And I probably need a new darker under cloak?

Welcome to 1/6 Star Wars!! Sorry I can't help but your collection sounds awesome so far.

Alright this figure is going to take more "customizing" than I had hoped. I figured I'd only have to paint and modify the hands, well the clone arm gauntlets are too small to fit over Plo's forearms :( So I've got a couple possible solutions and hoping for some help from the board. Either I cut a pair of Sideshow gauntlets (which I did, and I will probably hate), see if other companies either clone or Stormtrooper guantlets are bigger, or shave down Plo's forearms? I would like to keep the figure intack in case I wanted to ever go back to the original look, so I would probably need a 2nd body (which I may be able to pick up?) for modding the arms. Here are the parts I need for what I will consider my final look (all from Sideshow figures):

General Anakin Skywalker: Under Jedi Cloak, Shoulder Armor (this seems to be his "season 6" look from the teaser trailer)

Ki Adi Mundi: Boots

Mace Windu/ AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi: pants

Plo Koon: right fist hand, left open hand, under zipper shirt

Possibly a different brown undershirt that goes over the zipper shirt?

And I will have to have new Jedi Tabbards or General Anankin's over Jedi cloak sewn in the same color as the Anakin under cloak.

Ok here are a couple other questions I'm sure others can help with:

Is Plo Koon's head or head and neck removable? I feel like I'm going to break it trying to remove it.

What are the best paints to use? And does anyone know what black will match the clone hands?

And if I decide to modify/shave the forearms what is a good method?

Thanks.

Last edited:
this is a cool idea, makes me want to put some jedi generals with my clones..oh maybe when i have money ill copy what you do if it works out

the forearm armor is about the same for the clones and the stormies...so you will either have to sand down the arms or find a body that is a bit slimmer then the original body...put him on a clone body...or something like that...

Well seemingly the head isnt removable and the hands for Plo attach differently than seemingly most bodies with the pegs on the arms and not the hands. I figured the Sideshow Clone and Stormtrooper arm gauntlets were the same, I was more wondering about the Marmit, Medicom or possibly Hasbro ones (Although the Hasbro ones do look more plasticy).

yea..its a art s. buck body...at least most of the older SW figs are on those...the head should come off of the body with some hot water..at least all the ones i have done, do come off...
you'd have to alter the hands to fit on regular wrist pegs, if you switched them out..which isnt that tough to do

oh and stay away from hasbro....
there are a lot of guys on here who always switch out bodies for better ones(i usually dont)...so maybe some of them will chime in or you can check out some of the other body mod threads in this section or the regular star wars threads....

Back