Help Identifying Suitable Body for a Swap on 1/6 Sideshow Commander Gree + other Clones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SergProtector

Freakalicious
Reaction score
In the process of doing a body swap on Commander Gree. Not too familiar with the bodies that Sideshow used for Clones, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable match that is compatible for the lower body (legs). The legs were too thick on most bodies I had left over and I'm now ISO one that would allow the leg armor to slide on without issues. Any help would be appreciated.

I have not tried body swapping Sideshow Clones yet but IIRC most folk used the HT true type slim body or KO of it, however that is expensive and supplies are drying up. I am currently using a Barbie brand "Made to Move" Ken to assemble a Marmit stormtrooper kit. it is very slim and decently articulated so might work

Do you know of any similar bodies that would fit the body type that those Truetypes were like?
I used to use the KO copy of the truetype slim bodies but can't find them anymore. I assume that since they sold out some factory will pump them out again but until then there aren't many comparable affordable options out there. Possibly DID branded slim body might work but I have yet to get hold of one to try it

buy the spare 501st body and replace the armor and parts.
Won’t work. HT. Body is too thick for the SSC armor. Even trying to Dremel the body down does not help. Armor is still too tight it won’t go on fully. You can even Dremel iit down a bit and get to the hollow part of the body and it still won’t fit. I’ve tried a bunch of different bodies, including HT slim and knock offs , HT clones and it still does not fit. Those Sideshow clone bodies were extremely thin and the armor just doesn’t fit anything else in the body I know of….

Last edited:
The made to move Barbie Ken I mentioned should be slim enough and can accept cutting down too

Might just work. At least they are easy to get and not very expensive depending the version you get
20220803_150520.jpg
20220803_152050.jpg
20220804_061919.jpg

Back