Anyone have those prototype pictures?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Oh yeah, I forgot Chuck's request for the Lurtz prototype pic. I'm not sure if there are more or better shots of it, but here's the only pic I know of. Lurtz is in the bottum left corner:

021202_lotr_05.jpg

Re: re

Notice in that last photo that they've also got the original Isildur, with head facing downards...

Anyone has more prototype pictures?

Like a better one of Lurtz ?

Don't remember where I got this picture from, but it would be a cool way to display a collection:

Display.jpg

I'd order one if these displays were available :naughty

goliath said:
...I'd order one if these displays were available :naughty

I already tried contacting Sideshow about it a couple years ago but they wouldn't sell it to me. :wacky

Fritz said:
I already tried contacting Sideshow about it a couple years ago but they wouldn't sell it to me. :wacky

You did!! So have they disposed of it?? Maybe it is still in their garage.... maybe if we are sincere enough.... they will actually let us have it...

gtb said:
You did!! So have they disposed of it?? Maybe it is still in their garage.... maybe if we are sincere enough.... they will actually let you have it...

-----------------------

gtb said:
You did!!...

Yes I did and the funny thing is that it wasn't my idea. My wife saw the display on my screen while I was looking at something and though I should get it. I love her for that alone. Even though I did contact them and even if they said yes, I doubt very much I could have afforded it. :(

I asked them about it last year...they said it was broken up in pieces parts. Dunno if they told me that just to keep me from whining any more....

But dang! Those mini-shields! I was SO hoping they'd do a set like they did with the "Arms of...." series:monkey2

Those shields would have been too cool. I also wonder why they never released that version of the Argonaths.:confused:

old entish said:
Those shields would have been too cool. I also wonder why they never released that version of the Argonaths.:confused:

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRip! Off goes the scab ..... :monkey2

Wetanut said:
But dang! Those mini-shields! I was SO hoping they'd do a set like they did with the "Arms of...." series:monkey2

I wonder if those shields were meant to be made for a "set" as so many have mentioned, or if these were pieces parts for statues? The Easterling, Boromir and Moria Orc would have been released with the statues. The original armoured Lurtz also had a shield very similar to the one shown. And I do remember reading a list where Prologue Elf and Numenorean were supposed to be made into statues, which could be the reason we see the shields here. The other Orc shields could be for statues that were for later releases. I just haven't seen any mention over the years of "shield sets" other than fan speculation. Can someone point it out for me?

Heres an original list which shows statue releases.

https://actionfigures.about.com/library/tf01/bltf01-sideshow-lotr.htm

Back