1/6 Anyone have specs on the AC adapter for Hot Toys Tony Stark MMS 191?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would like to permanently light up the cool stage that comes with MMS 191. There's even an input for an adapter, but no mention of anything in the 'manual'.

Does anyone know?

thanks, but there are quite a few different ones. what plug size and DC spec?

I used a fisherprice adaptor that came from some type of no longer in use baby equipment (swing,bouncer,etc...), just dig in your garage you should find something. This adapter has an output of 6v; the stand takes 3 AA batteries which is 4.5v's so 6 is close enough and it works:)

I would imagine the base should say a DC voltage rating on it somewhere?

I would imagine so too, but no such luck. Then you would think it's in the instruction manual. Nothing either. Then you think, but they should put it up on the website right? With specifications? Nothing.

If you don't communicate about it, and you don't offer adapters, or information, why bother putting it there?

By the way, to those using a Nokia adapter, just the fact that the plug fits, doesn't mean that the voltage is right. If this is a phone adapter, you will most likely get between 5,5 and 9 V. I know some Nokia adapters are 9 V. That is twice the voltage coming from three AAA batteries running in series. So even though it might work, the lights will get much hotter and may damage something. The LEDs will burn out faster as well.

Last edited:
Well if it takes three AA batteries then I wouldn't go much over 4.5 volts. You're exactly right, it will work, for now. ;)

I doubt you will need many volts I know that those ikea Dioders plug does about 5v if memory serves and each strip uses about 0.6 or 0.7 volts and I am sure there are more lights on them than Tony's base.

Might want to be cautious since there are no details of what is safe to use you may risk damaging the LED's. When it comes to electricity/plug adapters you don't really want to play the guessing game.

I doubt you will need many volts I know that those ikea Dioders plug does about 5v if memory serves and each strip uses about 0.6 or 0.7 volts and I am sure there are more lights on them than Tony's base.

Might want to be cautious since there are no details of what is safe to use you may risk damaging the LED's. When it comes to electricity/plug adapters you don't really want to play the guessing game.

Typical LEDs comes in 2 voltage variants.... 3v and 5v.... Tony's base has the 5v variant... works with the supplied 4.5v batteries... just need to limit the current of the supplied 5v...

Something like this costs 50cents.... UK plug type...
usb-mains-charger-adapter-p10521-6.jpg

Last edited:
Typical LEDs comes in 2 voltage variants.... 3v and 5v.... Tony's base has the 5v variant... works with the supplied 4.5v batteries... just need to limit the current of the supplied 5v...

I think amazon and hell perhaps ebay do types of plugs with different size connectors where you can set the required v

This really is not my strong point I am just recalling from memory when I was researching LED power solutions in the past.

Cool. Thanks. How do you limit the current, without knowing the exac specs?

For those curious of the electrical wiring on the Tony Stark stage:
1. The resistor is connected in serial it carries a resistance of 1.5 ohms & 5% tolerance (brown, green, gold, gold). In this way it limits both the current and the voltage from the plug-in adapter, not from the batteries.
2. The 6 LEDs is directed down, of which the bottom is painted white to direct the light back up... in a way diffuse the light.
3. Each of the LED is connected in parallel, hence it's subjected to 4.5v from the batteries.

post-5392-1381648229.jpg

Last edited:
For those curious of the electrical wiring on the Tony Stark stage:
1. The resistor is connected in serial it carries a resistance of 1.5 ohms & 5% tolerance (brown, green, gold, gold). In this way it limits the current, not the voltage.
2. The 6 LEDs is directed down, of which the bottom is painted white to direct the light back up... in a way diffuse the light.
3. Each of the LED is connected in parallel, hence it's subjected to 4.5v from the batteries.

post-5392-1381648229.jpg

Nice info...best bet is to have a 4.5v with 350~400mah adapter with the correct plug and polarity

Nice info...best bet is to have a 4.5v with 350~400mah adapter with the correct plug and polarity

Ok corrected my statement above... but based on 1.5 Ohm resistor ... the suitable voltage and current to supply to the plug-in connector is 5v and (around/not less than) 400mA, which is the typical voltage/amperage supplied by USB ports or USB charges.

5v, 1.5Ohm.... current will be limited to 400mA... That's 4.4v and approx. 67mA per LED.

p.s..... with 3x AAA batteries.... each LED gets approx 50mA at 4.5v

you can do the calculation here (left column):
https://www.pcboard.ca/kits/led_notes/

Last edited:
Back