Ani-con & Game convention Hong Kong(AcGHK) Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have HPP suit prototypes ready to show, but I do not know if they will be out this weekend. There's already a lot of new stuff. Including three new iron man suits in the last two weeks. Plus a possible Stark figure to go with the possible maybe Spider-man figure. Throw in the 9 new suicide squad figures, 10 or so Star Wars figures, Doctor strange, three new bttf items...and so on. I wouldn't expect much more. Better to be pleasantly surprised then disappointed.

Bummer but understandable. Would have been happy with one more this year [emoji5]

Bummer but understandable. Would have been happy with one more this year [emoji5]
Being at, or not being at, any show (or all shows) is not indication of if a figure gets ordered. There have been dozens of figures that went up for order before ever having been at a con. And figures at cons that have never gone up.

It's really just a marketing/promo thing. People place far to much emphasis on if an item is at a con and how that correlates to production. There really is not any. It's like an auto show. Just there to show off and that's it. There will be more iron man figures shown this year. If they are at acghk or not doesn't mean much of anything.

Ok cool. Appreciate you taking the time to explain this mate. Thank you

No worries. You are welcome..

On a side note..I will be wrong on things so I want people to take it all as rumor until there's confirmation from hot toys. There's so many factors involved and a fair bit of it is not even in hot toys control. They have to get approvals from Disney/Lucas/Warner/marvel/DC ect before they show or talk about anything. On top of production issues and legal in house stuff and so much more. There's a reason hot toys, and other companies, don't just release every bit of info whenever they get it. There's just so much that can, and does, change. So things they planned to be at a con, or put up for order ect can change and often do. Just want everyone to understand that I'm not gonna bat 100. I'll be wrong on things.

No worries. You are welcome..

On a side note..I will be wrong on things so I want people to take it all as rumor until there's confirmation from hot toys. There's so many factors involved and a fair bit of it is not even in hot toys control. They have to get approvals from Disney/Lucas/Warner/marvel/DC ect before they show or talk about anything. On top of production issues and legal in house stuff and so much more. There's a reason hot toys, and other companies, don't just release every bit of info whenever they get it. There's just so much that can, and does, change. So things they planned to be at a con, or put up for order ect can change and often do. Just want everyone to understand that I'm not gonna bat 100. I'll be wrong on things.

Batting in the 90's still helps me out a lot. Thanks for all the info you share.

Anyone think we'll ever see the HT 1966 Batmobile at one of these shows again?

Anyone think we'll ever see the HT 1966 Batmobile at one of these shows again?

It should show up, but it is still being produced. They had some factory issues with it last year so it got pushed out and they are working to put it up this fall so it matches the anniversary stuff

Ani-con & Game convention Hong Kong(AcGHK) Photos

It should show up, but it is still being produced. They had some factory issues with it last year so it got pushed out and they are working to put it up this fall so it matches the anniversary stuff

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have not heard anything about t2 recently. That doesn't mean they won't do it, just that I have not heard about it.

I have not heard anything about t2 recently. That doesn't mean they won't do it, just that I have not heard about it.
Thanks, Good Sir. Fingers crossed on that front. The DX10 and 13 were before my sixth scale days and I'd love the have a shot at them again with some new sculpt work now that they have a few more Arnie's on their record.

Last I looked you could still find DX-13 around, without playing the ebay game. That's how I got him a few months ago, and he was still available in a couple of places last time I had a look. Now if they can just release another Dutch then I will be a happy Arnie fan/collector..

Re: Ani-con & Game convention Hong Kong(AcGHK) Photos

Last I looked you could still find DX-13 around, without playing the ebay game. That's how I got him a few months ago, and he was still available in a couple of places last time I had a look. Now if they can just release another Dutch then I will be a happy Arnie fan/collector..

Last place I saw him in stock was gohastings but with shipping I would have been near $400 and I just couldn't justify that. Where'd you come across him? I think I could go for a Dutch too, if they did him again.

The events not open but they let some folks in for cosbabys and set up and press and vip. So I have some pictures. Things are not close to finished setup wise and there's so much to see I'll post as I can

The events not open but they let some folks in for cosbabys and set up and press and vip. So I have some pictures. Things are not close to finished setup wise and there's so much to see I'll post as I can

Thank you ^^

Re: Ani-con & Game convention Hong Kong(AcGHK) Photos

Last place I saw him in stock was gohastings but with shipping I would have been near $400 and I just couldn't justify that. Where'd you come across him? I think I could go for a Dutch too, if they did him again.

I can't recall all the sites. I know there is a UK site that sells out of production figures, but they are very expensive. I bought one of my old Thors from a HK site called JHSToys. They have a lot of old stuff, going right back to the original MMS figures. It almost seemed too good to be true, and the site didn't clear to well on a various sitecheckers. (to be fair, that applies to a lot of Hong Kong sites) But, my Thor did come through, and they have all the Arnie stuff from Tech Noir and the DXs to the new releases.

Where I did get him from in the end was a New Zealand pop culture/collectibles site I stumbled on. Hot Toys is just a small part of their product lineup, but one of the figures they had was him. Was still showing in stock last I checked. Price wasn't too bad from memory considering their standard MCU type figures are way overpriced. I think because he was discounted he worked out to be the equivalent of about 320 US.. I've been watching Star-Lord there for a long time too, but he has finally gone, and is too expensive for me.. $500NZ. I should be able to get new sixth scales from Aus or Sideshow for usually around 320-380 NZ.. Occasionally the odd special will cost me high 200s, so 500 for a non Iron Man figure, is just a bit much for me to swallow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back