ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
things sometime HAVE to change from prototype to production, for either production costs (harder to use materials or more expensive) or even just plain supplies are not available.

I just don't accept this excuse though. Other companies don't do this, or at least to the extent SS does.
SS should at least have the type and color of fabric nailed down before showing the proto. I can understand a slightly better paint job but not the fabric changing.

I just don't accept this excuse though. Other companies don't do this, or at least to the extent SS does.
SS should at least have the type and color of fabric nailed down before showing the proto. I can understand a slightly better paint job but not the fabric changing.
I am still not buying that all these other companies are showing prototypes.

Yeah, I can understand the differences between a pro doing a 1 shot paint job on the proto vs factory. And even differences in the quality of the stitching and stuff.

But getting a totally different material than was shown is almost like getting a totally different headsculpt!

I honestly feel like the material on the proto is worth more than the material on the production. I justified the $70 on what they showed me. Now its significantly different. Doesn't seem like a hard concept to me. If I was offered a candy apple red corvette and instead got a flat red corvette, I'd feel like they did the bait and switch.

Maybe I just feel more strongly because I really focus on the clothing when most focus on other stuff. Face paint rarely gets me worked up.

Seriously then cancel it, you were able to see it before they charged you for it so cancel it and shut up.

If that's the case then good for them. That means we'll actually get what they show us. I just get tired of ordering something and just hoping it's gonna look the same.

I think the most common statement when SS shows us a figure is "I hope the production piece looks that good". It shouldn't be an issue IMHO.

:lol :lol :lol

It doesn't even make me mad (if it isn't a very shapeable material that will annoy me) I am actually still quite excited for it. :joy

:stick Hey mfoga. If you don't like toll roads, don't take them and shut up, how long have you had that whiney sig?

Well, I'm also excited to get an ANH Luke figure but just disappointed in the bait and switch. The proto outfit looked sooooo good and this new fabric looks like Leia's, which was as unshapable as all get out.

The boots on the other hand look fantastic.

Me too. I'm still excited and will see how he looks in person, but it may affect the outlook I have on future figures from SSC, especially preordering.

If that's the case then good for them. That means we'll actually get what they show us. I just get tired of ordering something and just hoping it's gonna look the same.

I think the most common statement when SS shows us a figure is "I hope the production piece looks that good". It shouldn't be an issue IMHO.

Well as for ordering something its not like they are taking your money and you have time to cancel once the production pics come out.

I will never expect a prototype to look like a production piece. Most items in the world change from prototype to production, this is just a reality of manufacturing an item.

:stick Hey mfoga. If you don't like toll roads, don't take them and shut up, how long have you had that whiney sig?
There is a big difference there. I take them but I don't want one that is going to RUIN what little unspoiled land left in Socal and also ruin two beaches and ocean water.

Your ^^^^^ing about a toy doll and I am trying to stop the destruction of unspoiled land and beaches.

CANCELLED!

I decided a few things:

1. the tunic is a flat out disgrace. Sorry, folks, there's just no other way to state it. As I and several others have pointed out, it looks just like something Hasbro would produce.

2. I might not be able to cancel in time once the in-hand shots come out, if there is no improvement.

3. Trevor Grove is a genius. If there is some improvement in the Tunic shown by the in-hand photos, or if I can find and after market tunic that fits the bill, I will gladly invest in this figure once he hits my local store (which usually charges the same or under the SS pre-sale price) just because the sculp, in my opinion, is awesome.

4. Not that my little order will impact SS in any way, but sometimes you gotta say "no". I just can't accept the bait and switch here. If SS got backed into a corner regarding price and/or availability, then shame on them for not doing better pre-marketing ahead of the unveiling of the proto. I can accept the factory paint apps (within reason), I know there will be differences between proto and street, but to change a MAJOR feature like this and expect us to just suck it up is quite simply too much... I am at peace.

CANCELLED!

4. Not that my little order will impact SS in any way, but sometimes you gotta say "no". I just can't accept the bait and switch here. If SS got backed into a corner regarding price and/or availability, then shame on them for not doing better pre-marketing ahead of the unveiling of the proto. I can accept the factory paint apps (within reason), I know there will be differences between proto and street, but to change a MAJOR feature like this and expect us to just suck it up is quite simply too much... I am at peace.

I did the same. I will probably own the figure soon at some point i just need to see some in hand pics first to make a final decision.

Yeah, I don't buy that either.

:lol:lol:lol

No. I like pissing a few of you off too much. That alone is worth the $70. :banana

Amazing the level some of you will go to be total douches. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure you'll come back with something about me calling names again. :lol

Me too. I'm still excited and will see how he looks in person, but it may affect the outlook I have on future figures from SSC, especially preordering.

Then my suggestion is stop pre-ordering anything and wait for them to arrive in hand.

There is a big difference there. I take them but I don't want one that is going to RUIN what little unspoiled land left in Socal and also ruin two beaches and ocean water.

Your ^^^^^ing about a toy doll and I am trying to stop the destruction of unspoiled land and beaches.

See some take their toys that serious. Its like someone stole their binky when they don't get their way. :lol

LOL. I'm just :stick:stick with you. I wasn't making a serious comparison even though I heard they killed sea lions to make the new Luke tunic.

CANCELLED!

Now you can go away and let us that want to enjoy it do so. Thnx :lol

I decided a few things:

1. the tunic is a flat out disgrace. Sorry, folks, there's just no other way to state it. As I and several others have pointed out, it looks just like something Hasbro would produce.

Its a disgrace to you thats the only way to put it.

4. Not that my little order will impact SS in any way, but sometimes you gotta say "no". I just can't accept the bait and switch here.

I don't think some of you understand the term bait and switch. You use it like you actually have a clue as to what the term means or the proper use of it.

In retail sales, a bait and switch is a form of fraud in which the party putting forth the fraud lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is. The goal of the bait-and-switch is to convince some buyers to purchase the substitute good as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or product advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product.

Well as for ordering something its not like they are taking your money and you have time to cancel once the production pics come out.

I will never expect a prototype to look like a production piece. Most items in the world change from prototype to production, this is just a reality of manufacturing an item.

Yeah I can cancel. I just wish that didn't have to be an option. :monkey2

Back