ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I love the enthusiasm you have for the hobby, but wouldn't it be more cost effective buying what you need from shapeways? After all how many troopers does one need in a collection?

A valid question; there are these factors to consider.

• Can we get a helmet without the 3D print lines through further processing?
  • A 'no-brow' option would allow for greater customization and screen accuracy.
  • re: cost -- it depends on how many people are interested. The pool's efficacy kind of depends on interest levels.

Ok, so far on the record I have;

Subtotal: $350.00. Assuming ZE is in for $50.00, [...]

What we should probably do is work out how many helmets (based on materials, error margin etc.) a given level of investment in the pool will get us to determine what's cost-effective; it may also prove an incentive to attract more people to pool.

As for re-casting HT armour, personally I have no interest in that.

A valid question; there are these factors to consider.

• Can we get a helmet without the 3D print lines through further processing?
  • A 'no-brow' option would allow for greater customization and screen accuracy.
  • re: cost -- it depends on how many people are interested. The pool's efficacy kind of depends on interest levels.

What we should probably do is work out how many helmets (based on materials, error margin etc.) a given level of investment in the pool will get us to determine what's cost-effective; it may also prove an incentive to attract more people to pool.

As for re-casting HT armour, personally I have no interest in that.

Great points, I thought the same thing after looking into all the complexity. But think about the possibilities. We can also cast monoculars, Marmit pauldrons and what not. Also, there is a great deal of value of being able to print parts for my Jawa making. So I don't mind doing all the work because there will be these payoffs. In addition to that, army building becomes a real option.

Not sure about that but it maybe a possibility. I'll need to see how much work it is for the savings. Still need to paint and assemble armor.

Painting I would love to tackle myself, I know how to paint. I know Hunterdrnc who could do decals for your helmets top quality. I even do leatherwork and could make high quality E-11 holsters also do 3D modeling so any greeblies that need to be fabricated can be. Just a thought though.

Last edited:
Hey Solo, I was the" new member" sorry I didn't indicate my screen name.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, TK! I didn't want to mention your name since you contacted me in private. But great! We're doing alright with this. Enough to order the pot and compressor.

I'm going to print helmet decals today...so updates coming! Anyone who can paint please let everyone know your info. I'm going to bust out my airbrush this week. With a compressor it will be endless amount of effort improving painting technique.

Put the decals on, speaker mics and glossed the helmet. Just need a better lens Solitions.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool stuff, Will. I started painting mine last night. I'm definitely going to be getting some more. Its an awesome helmet.

Thanks, Gents! I appreciate it. I can't recommend using Mr. Surfacer enough. It's a lifesaver when it comes to making 3d prints workable.

Thanks guys...I really appreciate it. I am loving posing and playing with this 1000x more with the new helmet.

I put a head on the larger trooper and it changes the way the helmet hangs. Looks pretty good.

fff.jpg

dddd.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 56
Back