ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents, my paypal is [email protected]

Is everyone ready?

Ready; see below:

Would it make sense to put a number on what's needed (i.e., $450), and then split the total across everybody involved?[...]

If everyone's amenable to this solution, I think even splits into the pool are the best idea. If anyone wants to come up with the final number I'm ready to rock.

Did some painting work tonight. Pretty fun. Just have to paint the blue lines on the sides and the little black bars inside the gray intentions. And speaker mics of course.

Great work my friend. At first glance I thought I was looking at a 1.1 Helmet :clap

I think we have enough. I found this today and we can save some money;

image.jpg

So this should save us some money. We should have an abundance to buy resin and mold making materials.

So question, for those of us that don't (or can't at the moment) chip in for this little venture, will we be able to buy helmets directly from you Will in the future if we pay for the materials?

Of course! I plan on making variants so people can have access to what they want, lower brow band, higher brow band,...etc, etc.

So this should save us some money. We should have an abundance to buy resin and mold making materials.

O.k mate cool. Drop me a mail with how much you need me to pool in with and I'll send it over to you :wink1:

Got my helmet glossed up and added the blue lines on the sides. Just need the mic speakers now. After working on this helmet I just can't look at the Hot Toys helmet with much enthusiasm anymore. Shapeways has changed me.

I'm diggin it.

The thing is with these Shapeways helmets is that if you have decent painting skills it heightens the level of accuracy even further. The Original 1.1 helmets were all Hand painted back in 76 and had a bit of paint slop here and there. For me that's what I'm trying to replicate. Once I get time to paint mine I may go the whole way and paint the HT amour in the same bone white as well along with a few weathering marks.

Any advise on what I could use for stripping the paint?

Acetone will work, but if it's too strong it'll eat the plastic. I think there were two strengths of "Goo-Off or whatever it's called ... acetone used for cleaning things like gum, glue residues etc.; don't use "extra strength". That being said, the other one isn't exactly problem free. Contact time with the plastic matters too. Plus it depends on the plastic.

I was stripping a Hot Toys Sandtrooper helmet of weathering once, and inadvertently took some paint off (necessitated a re-paint) and can't recall now if it was just too much enthusiasm with the alcohol or if it was acetone.

Acetone will work, but if it's too strong it'll eat the plastic. I think there were two strengths of "Goo-Off or whatever it's called ... acetone used for cleaning things like gum, glue residues etc.; don't use "extra strength". That being said, the other one isn't exactly problem free. Contact time with the plastic matters too. Plus it depends on the plastic.

I was stripping a Hot Toys Sandtrooper helmet of weathering once, and inadvertently took some paint off (necessitated a re-paint) and can't recall now if it was just too much enthusiasm with the alcohol or if it was acetone.

O.k thanks for the advise. Not sure if I want to take the plunge with it yet, sounds a bit risky!

Back