Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Sideshow has updated their site with some new SDCC Vaderkin pics.

2139_press07-001.jpg

2139_press08-001.jpg

2139_press09-001.jpg

2139_press10-001.jpg

Looks like Sideshow has hired a new photographer.

I'm so glad these threads have come back... i love looking at all these pics. even if I have my ideal interpretation of these figures here on my shelves.... i still LOVE looking at all these pics from you all :)

i much prefer this way.... its more like how they would look on our shelves. Their pics are too bland looking for me. maybe they could do a mix of the two if they felt the needed to do the old style stilll.

I like these new ones though. they look good

That is an awesome looking background, jedibear!

I bought 2 regular SS Anakins last year. For the first Anakin: I stripped the paint, stripped the molded hair, sanded the jawline & a few other sections of the face and sculpted messy looking hair from scratch....

Anakin-die001.jpg

AnakinX2.jpg

Anakin-die2.jpg

Anakin-die1.jpg

For the second Anakin: I just reworked the face in areas, sculpted more hair on top of the original hair in places to bulk it up some, repainted it and added the Sith eyes....

sith-anakin1.jpg

sith-anakin3.jpg

sith-anakin2.jpg

I'll probably get another one eventually & try some different ideas with it. Originally, I wanted to try some fur or mohair or some sort but I just couldn't come up with any solid ideas that would work.

Since I finally got a decent camera for taking close-ups, I thought I'd toss this quick composite out here. The Sith eye was taken from Darth Maul.

anakin_composite21.jpg

Thats a great series of work in progress pics there. Appreciate you posting that. Great work.

don't mention it guys... i meant to take more, but i get carried away with the painting and I'll go for hours or days without a break to think about the photos, lol

Fantastic repaints Darren. You have great consistency throughout your paint apps. Seeing your photos makes me can't wait to get started on mine.

JustinLuck said:
Fantastic repaints Darren. You have great consistency throughout your paint apps. Seeing your photos makes me can't wait to get started on mine.

I can't wait to see how your repaint goes Justin. :rock

There are numerous small problems with the sculpt that are preventing me from achieving a perfect likeness, but I am trying my best. After a close examination of the facial features, I will guess that Anakin was sculpted by the same person who sculpted X-files Skinner. Someone let me know if I am right. All is not lost though. I think the sculpt still does a fine job of representing Anakin as a character. I will post pics when I am happy with him.

Thanks once again fellas :bow :bow :bow

Justin... can't wait to see how your repaint goes. I always love seeing new repaints :D

you're right, if you're after a 'perfect' hayden christensen ... then sadly you won't get it with the original Andy Behholz sculpt (not sure if he did Skinner) it'z an amazing sculpt as 'Anakin', and there are many bits of it that are perfect as Hayden, but like you said... the parts that are a little out just stop it from becoming Hayden the actor. But you can get close.

The pic below shows in red the parts I changed in order to help Andy's sculpt get a little closer to Hayden. In case it helps you at all.

changes.jpg

Back