1/6 Amy Pond Maxi bust by Titan - Scale and comparison

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking at buying this Amy Pond bust since I purchased my Big Chief 11th Doctor a while back.
I never pulled the trigger in buying it since I wasn't sure of the scale and couldn't find any photos online with it next to the 1/6th Doctor.
I was also leaving the option of buying the Big Chief Amy and didn't want to have a random bust.
There were also issues with the eyebrow paintwork that I didn't really care for when seeing actual product photos.
However, I found myself liking the prototype pictures so I went ahead and bought it last week.
I came home today and to my surprise, it is actually in scale with the 1/6th doctor! The paintwork is very nice except the eyebrows which was a fairly easy fix, so I went ahead and repainted it as well as fixing some eye issues (which I may come back to again) along with the lips and hairline.
It looks the part now and is great alongside the Doctor. I may sculpt or attach legs and make it a full statue.
I still purchased a BC Amy, but to those wanting a slightly cheaper stationary alternative to compliment the BC 11th, I highly recommend getting one of these especially if you have a bit of painting experience.
Anyway, here's some of my pics:

I'll post more pics of it next to the BC 1/6 Amy Pond when it arrives, both with the old and replacement head.

I was looking at this for the head sculpt but it really doesn't look like her... still better than Big Chief's horrid head though

True, it's not a perfect likeness, but at least there is a likeness there which looks better in person. I'm pretty sure a professional painter can bring out the likeness even more.

In any respect, there's no question who she is when she's standing next to the Doctor :)
And for a 1/3 of the price for 3/4 figure, it's quite a bargain . . . there's some math for folks to consider :lol

This is here not only to show how nice this piece actually is/can be, but also for size reference since I've never seen these busts next to actual 1/6 scale figures.

Got my Big Chief Amy today, and though the head doesn't look as bad in hand, I'm definitely looking forward to the sculpted hair.
Here's a comp along with the Titan Amy bust:

All three up close and scale:

The stock BC head looks a bit small in comparison, so until the new head arrives, I think the bust looks much better alongside the Doctor as a display.

While neither likeness is great i think the bust looks much better. The hair on the Big Chief figure is too wild for me, lol. The good doctor looks fantastic though.

I love the Doctor and I've really fallen in love with how the Amy bust looks alongside him.
I'm still looking forward to seeing the new Amy head with sculpted hair for the BC figure.
Wanting to see how it compares next to the Titan Amy sculpt.

Got my Amy Pond replacement head a while back, but I finally had some time today to take pics.
Here are all three side by side:

The new head is definitely an improvement and looks way better in person.
However, as far as scale goes, both the BC heads are a bit small in comparison with the Doctor's heads.

Karen's head in real life is as wide, if not wider than Matt Smith's. In this respect, the Titan head is more accurate in scale.
I love both figures of Amy, but the Titan head sculpt in my opinion looks a bit better. If only it was a full figure :idea.

I think it is the nose that makes the Titan version more accurate to Karen Gillian's likeness than the BC figures.

Is it me or is the 10th Doctor figure of yours is checking out the BC Amy Pond figure in the last pic?

Back