American History X Edward Norton custom figure thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this sculpt of of ebay to make an Edward Norton american history x figure. No i not racist :lol. I just think it was a great movie and I'm sure alot of you will agree with me.
cfb8_1.JPG

I was wondering what you guys would recommend , to me the most memorable parts of the movie are the prison parts and the first scene with the infamous kurb stomp ( gears style :rock ). Plus all the other scenes in the movie show Edward with hair!.
So its gonna have to be the first part for me. I am gonna purchase a hot toys muscle body so this guy is gonna be topless. The first thing I need help with is tattoos!!.
I have never attempted them properly and since the hot toys muscle bodys can go for a pretty penny , I don't wanna mess up !!.
American%20history%20x.4.jpg

As you can see there is the swastika which will most likely be the most challenging and the wrist barbed wire stuff. He also has a tattoo on his shoulder but until I get the dvd out for some screen caps I will leave it for now.
Would you pen these in or use paint , I used a pen for my xxx custom neck tattoo and it turned out quite nice !. But this is more expensive and risky.
If any of you guys have any experience or links to help with tattoos on figures
it would be greatly appreciated if you could post up a reply or shoot me a pm.
Thanks fellas , Tay.
I will post up in progress pics as the bits and bobs show up.

I really LOVED this movie and thought Edward was fantastic in it. Really looking forward to seeing your completed custom! :rock :rock :rock

Cool idea. That was great movie. You might want to try getting decal printer paper. That way you can maybe draw them up on the computer and then print them out and apply them cleanly on the body. Just an idea.
Good luck.

Im worried when I recieve this theres gonna be a massive color difference between the head and the body so if I do it topless it may look odd!!.
We will have to see , I will wait for the head first then work on the rest.
Looking at the first scene a few times when he tenses his body he is actually very muscular. I have realised since he is in his boxers I may have to get the legs too!!!. It may be harder than I thought ! :lol

Im worried when I recieve this theres gonna be a massive color difference between the head and the body so if I do it topless it may look odd!!.
We will have to see , I will wait for the head first then work on the rest.
Looking at the first scene a few times when he tenses his body he is actually very muscular. I have realised since he is in his boxers I may have to get the legs too!!!. It may be harder than I thought ! :lol

You could just try sculpting some muscles on with some apoxy sculpt, it has a nice skin texture when it dries and paints nicely, plus you could add his tattoo. :)

I would only leave that to a master of your level , knowing my skills he will look deformed !. :lol:lol
I may sculpt the definition on muscles and keep clothing over him , something like a prison suit as someone mentioned.:rolleyes:

I was thinking about this as well when I purchased my head...but I think the HT Muscle body will be way to muscular for Edward Norton's build. And although I don't know if the Rocky muscle bodies are white or not, many of the bodies have a tan-ish color to them, so you might have to end up repainting the entire body. Good luck though! If yours turns out nicely, I might end up doing it myself :monkey5

I have decided for now guys I'm gonna use a basic hot toys body or true type if I can pick one up and buy him a prison outfit. I think it will look quite good and until I am settled on what I finally want to do with him it should be a cheaper alternative. I want someone else to plunge into this before me really.
Shouldn't be too hard I guess , customs always suck for finding parts though :lol. Any comments or ideas are welcome !.

I was thinking too , that with nazi kroenen , maybe red skull and now this guy in my collection with a swastika might be a bit too much going on. :google:google:lol
Thats another reason to put him in the prison outfit.

I was thinking too , that with nazi kroenen , maybe red skull and now this guy in my collection with a swastika might be a bit too much going on. :google:google:lol
Thats another reason to put him in the prison outfit.

:rotfl..............just dont make any figs with pointy top white sheets and i think you will be okay. :monkey1

Guess you were using the soldier story sculpt for this figure, had the same idea and no I ain't a racist either, some of my best freinds are natzis:)
Great film and disturbing scene with the kerb stomp but iconic looking figure all the same.
Guess you did'nt sort it in the end, shame would like to see a figure put together for future reference in making my own.

Would look good next to a custom mel books hitler:)

I always wanted to make a figure from when he was about to go into the grocery store, it's probably the easiest to bash, pants, combat boots, wife beater and bomber jacket.

I always wanted to make a figure from when he was about to go into the grocery store, it's probably the easiest to bash, pants, combat boots, wife beater and bomber jacket.

I kind of want to make the foot stomping scene figure, but I obviously have some conflictions.

Back