AMC's The Killing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest problem with the first two seasons are the odd approach it took to the whole cop/detective drama. I think that's what threw a lot of people off. Because it's more of a drama than a typical "who-dun-it" i.e. the big reveal of the killer is actually less important than the voyeuristic look into the lives of the people who've suffered the loss of a loved one to a brutal, unsolved murder.

For instance, there's whole episodes in the first two seasons that don't advance the solution to who killed Rosie Larson at all. Which irked some. Some episodes just show the aftermath of the Larson family trying to maintain while coping with the loss of Rosie.

Also, like Batty said, the US version has 6 more episodes than the original Danish show. Now normally that wouldn't be a bad thing (good tv is good tv) but IMO the biggest problem with the first two seasons are the amount of red herrings and suspects that are thrown out there. It gets so ridiculously that eventually you don't even react when someone else (suspect #458) looks like the murderer because you kinda just expect it'll be BS and a misunderstanding.

So it takes a little getting used to.

That sums it up pretty well. I actually like the whole slow burn of the show, but it was all the red herrings that made it a little too slow. The first murder definitely could've been wrapped up in the first season.

That was great! :lol Kinnaman really is good as Holder.

That was great! :lol Kinnaman really is good as Holder.

Probably one of the biggest reasons. Listening to Linden and Holder banter back and forth.

You got to be at least knowledgeable of certain things to understand some of his pop-culture references alluded in his snark rhetoric.

Another solid episode from Sunday night. Some general observations....

1. Poor Twitch got six different kinds of dog crap beaten out of him.

2. Danette Lutz is a sleazebag for a mother.

3. The owner of the motel is one creepy old bitty.

4. Linden crushing Reddick for not making sergeant by saying this...

"23 years of experience, and all you are is in the way." :lol

This seasons first couple of episodes blow away all last 2 seasons combined.

It;s well written and directed this season .

Holder is a badasssss

:lol

I like how bullet preached some Holder-ism to the creator of Holder-ism.

"My body's a temple."

It's like he was talking to a mini-me. A female version of himself. :lol

Another solid episode from Sunday night. Some general observations....

1. Poor Twitch got six different kinds of dog crap beaten out of him.

2. Danette Lutz is a sleazebag for a mother.

3. The owner of the motel is one creepy old bitty.

4. Linden crushing Reddick for not making sergeant by saying this...

"23 years of experience, and all you are is in the way." :lol

Grace Zabriskie is great in everything she's in. :lecture

This seasons first couple of episodes blow away all last 2 seasons combined.

It;s well written and directed this season .

Holder is a badasssss

Yep. It's much tighter than the previous seasons. And Holder is one of the best characters on tv right now.

Great ending to tonight's episode with the cell phone. And then you see the outline of Mills stepping out of the bathroom. Yikes!

Loved the handling of the pit bull by Holder. :lol

Great ending to tonight's episode with the cell phone. And then you see the outline of Mills stepping out of the bathroom. Yikes!

Dude! It was funny; I was sitting there, watching and asking myself, is Holder ever going to go back to his hoodie and black aviator jacket. Lo and behold ....

And poor bullet. :monkey2

Heads on over to imdb.com......

You know you've been around when you appeared on an episode of Hart to Hart. :lol

Btw, does it get any better than the name "Mama Dips"...lol

Yea, she's definitely been around for awhile. :lol

I think I remember her most for Twin Peaks and a few other David Lynch films. More recently she was on Big Love.

It was one of those moments where you wanted to yell, "Get out of there!" :lol

Unfortunately, if you watched the preview for next week at the end of the show you already know. Seriously, I'll never understand why some shows do that. :slap

I had to download it. So whoever ripped it didn't include next weeks preview. I kinda hope she dies but it sounds as if she lives.

It was one of those moments where you wanted to yell, "Get out of there!" :lol

Agreed! :rotfl

Unfortunately, if you watched the preview for next week at the end of the show you already know. Seriously, I'll never understand why some shows do that. :slap

I was just going to write this about the preview clips.

Same damn thing happened several times on "The Walking Dead." :duh

Back